Disaster

I've just packed all my stuff into the car for Rising sun as im leaving tomorrow straight after work, checked the oil, which needed a top up, checked the coolant which also needed a top up so undid the coolant tank, went to un clip the hoses soi can lift it onto the bonnet latch and all the coolant started running out from under the car, it was like watching my car bleed to death.

I though i had pulled the hose of from the top of the radiator, however the plastic piece the hose goes on to has broken, the bit left in the pipe disintegrated.

No where to get a radiator at this time of night, managed to put in a plastic insert and currently waiting on the araldite to set before putting it back together. This couldn't have happened at a worse time, well apart from driving down the motorway i suppose.

I just hope this works so i can get to RS, at least if i get there RAC can get me home. :(

If anyone has one that can bring it to Rising Sun i will take it off their hands, i need a new one now anyway, just hoping my fix will get me to RS and back as i dont have time to replace it really before

A quick update, i managed to fix the hose back onto the radiator last night and was up at 6 to bleed the coolant before work. Im not 100% sure all the air is out yet but it seems to be ok, i've topped up the coolant again and the temp guage was pretty steady.

I'm picking up another radiator after work from euro car parts and some more coolant. As long as it doesnt loose any coolant and temp stays steady on the way down i will be fine, if not then i'll have a spare radiator with me to swap in :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.