help needed in yorkshire fitting eibachs

just got my drop links, to add to the 2nd hand eibachs i bought. and checking if anyone would like to earn a few beer tokens. (fitting em.) i think spring compressors are needed so does anyone have some and fancied earning a few quid. fronts already have the shocks in so its the back that need compressing.

my local garage said he could do em, but at std rates + vat. with funds a bit tight thought i would ask on here first. also will be getting a new starter motor, so possibly this to fit too. i am in bradford bd10, but can travel, thinking either 28th or 29th april. (i do have a driveway but limited no. of tools.)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be more than happy to help but i'm missing the compressors mate - unless you can borrow a set. If not I might be able to get my hands on some. There's plenty of room at mine also plus all the tools we'll require....

Would be more than happy to help but i'm missing the compressors mate - unless you can borrow a set. If not I might be able to get my hands on some. There's plenty of room at mine also plus all the tools we'll require....

are the compressors a std tool or are there different sizes.

Yeah, compressors are all standard. I'm only available weekends mate and don't have anything much in the diary. As I said above, there's a bit of time so I can try and source some from somewhere - the step father borrowed some when i changed my Mum's shock absorbers.

BTW, i'm only over in Halifax - not far off the end of Thornton Road...

Yeah, compressors are all standard. I'm only available weekends mate and don't have anything much in the diary. As I said above, there's a bit of time so I can try and source some from somewhere - the step father borrowed some when i changed my Mum's shock absorbers.

BTW, i'm only over in Halifax - not far off the end of Thornton Road...

sweet. some on ebay around £10 + postage, or can get some from screwfix, £16.99. when is best for you,

Yea..sorry I cant help weekends really...so busy at the moment, but I'm free every/any Friday afternoon from 2pm if thats any better?

mite have help at a weekend which is better for me, but thanks for the offer.

Give me a shout when you're doing it and I'll come over if I'm free. I don't have any spring compressors either I'm afraid, but have an ask around mates/family members, they're a prime thing that people buy, use once and then leave on a shelf for 20 years.

I've done springs on both my Celicas (and helped Mek with his fronts) and speaking from experience, you stand more chance doing the backs without compressors than the fronts as I recall, but I wouldn't fancy trying it without them. What year is your car by the way? When I did my T-Sport it was a breeze cos she was 2004 with about 35,000 miles on her, but when we did Gareths 2001 there was way more rust and grime, which really made things more difficult! Might wanna invest in some rust penetrating spray is why I bring that one up. Drop me a PM if you need me anyways :)

...just waiting on Razor to get back Martin. You beat me to it with the question on age - althought the 2ft piece of scaffolding attached to socket set should sort out most bolts ;)

I'll head over as well to stand & watch :D

Just so you know guys these are off mine, the fronts will be a lot easier as the damper & top mounts are as one. The rears are springs & dampers only so they'll need the bell type mounts & bushes swapping over from Craig's suspension. Actually, think I put my old bushings in the box?

hoping for this saturday if brinkz is free, 2003 t sport with 117,000 on the clock. pmd brinkz, for this saturday but dependant on the weather. will buy some spring compressors if i dont hear back from anyone by the end of the day

spring compressors are £16.99 at screwfix, think joe said he paid £30 a corner, to get his done, so should be cheaper.

Only reason I said about the garage is Yvs charge £30 an hour for labour plus if there's so many of us doing it. You might find it will only take an hour and of course be handy to have use of the air gun and other tools ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.