Grooves >>>>

kny

If it's the same disc on the other side then they were probably designed so that it doesn't matter, if it's turning the "right" way on the o/s then you wouldn't be able to swap them anyway

Hey peeps. Are the grooves on this rear N/S disc pointing the wrong way??? :unsure:

That is the correct way round, if you have them the other way they will/can make less noise and I really don't think you would notice any difference.

Lols @ definitely the right way/wrong way.

Subjective much?

You'll even find discs with multiple sets of grooves, one set facing each way.

dscf2309ekm400x300ekm.jpg

power_b.jpg

Or, if you're after some really mad shit...

disc1.jpg

Yep, just did.

They use both ways too.

1266_2215790_1.jpg

(This photo is of an off-side rear).

As the grooves' function is to de-glaze the surface of the pad, as long as it completely crosses the width of the pad as it makes it's pass then it's doing its job.

Getting rid of gas build-up is secondary.

Drilled discs are however designed to lose the gass build-up, but do hardly any secondary de-glazing.

If you had to choose one (grooves/holes), then go with grooves every time.

Not that you really need either for for road driving to be fair...

Edited by Adex

I had this same conversation with the guy who fitted mine they are on the same way as the first post up top , we checked with a supra and a GT4 aswell as a Glanza with MR2 Turbo Conversion the are all the same way as mine have been fitted.

And the fact that its a 3-stud!

What does that make it for, a Citroen AX? :lol:

Can't think of many 3-stud cars other than that...??

Base model mark one saxos and pug 106

Edited by Ghoulscout

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.