Bad times i am without a Celica

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when my Celica was whacked (minimal but expensive) I was offered £1300 for repairs plus £240 for not using a hire car at the other insurers expense or I could have the car written off and receive £1400 plus £240. This was based on a fully stock car with standard alloys. That was a year and a half ago and my car was just under 17 years old then. I got a few quotes before accepting and this was a reasonable amount to agree on. Hopefully this will help you when you deal with the insurance. Are your alloys insured?

Fecking hell are you ok

Am fine Brian mate just pissed off lol and cant get in contact with the other man to see whats happening with other car doh.

Jeez he did a job on that Wickie :( I'm about Friday if you can get into their yard and need help with bringing rescued bits home. Was glad to hear you sounding relatively undamaged , bloody idiot driver :angry:

Did you have any luck sorting wheels?

All sort Jan myself and Ade changed all off car he had a set of 15ins toyota wheels which i bought off him, so its all back to standard except for a stainless back box lol.

Holy fuck, man!! Glad to hear you're ok, but they've made a canny mess of the car! :o:(

Jesus.... seriously glad you're alright though, mate!

Ta mate am fine trying to get a car sorted lol

Holy fuck, man!! Glad to hear you're ok, but they've made a canny mess of the car! :o:(

Jesus.... seriously glad you're alright though, mate!

Ta mate am fine trying to get a car sorted lol

Gutted, your car really was a bloody nice example of a 6 too

I hope you can liberate the interior before it goes to the great scrap heap in the sky ;)

Cheers Rich i have i had all stutt off thanks to Adex by 6pm that evening

Wow Wickie glad your ok man! also hmm AM I right in thinking lil turtle wax wont get that out :( ... could it be repaired?

Ta mate but no its a write off, engine damage as well.

thats rough man , heres hoping your ok ( you dont mention it but we all feel concern , kindly let us know )

if it helps i dare say the club can offer a valuation so you get due deserts

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Am fine izzy bit sore and stiff on Tuesday but better today, i would like to get a valaution done who would do this for me? i wont be making a claim for for injuries i don't have as i believe what goes around comes around.

Yep autotrader sounds good, print yourself loads of dealer adverts with nicely over-inflated prices!

£2000 for a gt sir? Don't mind if I do....! :D

What was it you were saying about that exhaust the other day?

I have a 3sfe backbox we could swap over...?

Am fine izzy bit sore and stiff on Tuesday but better today, i would like to get a valaution done who would do this for me? i wont be making a claim for for injuries i don't have as i believe what goes around comes around.

When needed to sort out the gen 5 value i was advised to look round for adverts and take notes, def get some trader prices as they tend to be more. The R reg Hyperwrap put a thread up re earlier would be one to note as a start though i realise that has a lot less mileage. The claims department will be doing the same after yours has been inspected by their engineer.

And when they make you an offer DO NOT ACCEPT IT , a hesitation followed by telling them you dont think thats going to be enough to replace it plus having a few details and prices will usually squeeze another £200/£300

Glad you got sorted so quckly with the bits you needed :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.