1 wheel bolt missing, mot failure?

Hi

When I first got my car i took the wheels off to paint the calipers, only thing is i was a bit heavy handed when it came to putting them back on and i broke a bolt on the front. been driving it with only 4 ever since with no trouble and now its due for its mot in a couple of weeks, will it fail due to this?

if so what do i need to do to fix it?

Did you break the nut or the stud?

If you broke the nut then just buy a new one, if you broke the stud you are best getting the garage to replace it, MOT fail or not, it's not wise driving around with less wheels nut than Mr Toyota designed it for

I think the toyota original studs are made of cheese, or they had a line of poorly made ones, I manage to break three on mine at about 40 nm. Its abit of a pain to replace the studs but easily done yourself.

IMG_0298.jpg

DSCF2151.jpg

Edited by RoryK

Mate I have 10 used ones sat here doing nothing so if you send me your address I'll bob one in the post. I don't know how you guys are shearing these bolts tbh, far too heavy handed! :o

They're easy enough to change yourself, see here ...

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/128276-spacers-finally-fitted/page__view__findpost__p__1572034

ive been driving like it for the best part of a year already...

Im gonna make sure its fixed before mot though.

so to remove the old one its a case of:

-jack it up

-remove wheel

-remove caliper and disc

-line up the broken bolt with the notch and the back

-belt it with a hammer to get it out

then how do i get the new one in? will it be a tight fit? will it need some whacking too?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.