Simon Baldwin - Mr.Bishi

mr.bishi

Hi everyone,

Well, tomorrow, a year will have passed since Simons accident and Derek and I wanted to post up a message to you all to say a big thank you for all of your heartfelt messages about Simon and in support for us and the rest of Simons family. Also for the collection and monies you raised following Simons funeral.

Your messages bought us a lot of comfort during the last 12 months, you will never know how much and we wanted to acknowledge those so you know how much you have all helped us. What a helpful, and kind group of people you all are. Some of you didn't even know Simon but still took the trouble to give money/post messages and we can't thank all of you enough.

Its been a horrible year for us, we can't quite believe its been a year without Simon as its gone so quickly, we are lucky that Simon was a part of your community.

A special thank you has to go to Bryan Adamson (OldRedCelica) who has been such a massive help to us all, a truly top bloke with a big golden heart.

We hope to see you all at the various car shows this year. I'm keeping Simons Corona (I love that car) so will look forward to seeing you all throughout the year.

Thank you to you all and Rest In Peace to our lovely Simon XXX

Becci & Derek

i joined after this happened and as a result didn't get to know Simon before he sadly passed, but it's clear what great person he was and what he brought to everybody's lives that he influenced. It must have been a truly terrible year and it takes a lot for you to come and post these messaes and i am glad that you are keeping his memory alive on here.

I hope that i get the opportunity to meet you at one of the meets in the near future :)

Gareth

I too joined after Simon's passing......but I quickly learned that he has left a legacy here and his build thread is a source of both information and inspiration.....and it will touch many others along the way. Gone but not forgotten.

Kind regards,

Brian

I'm touched :blush: .

A year has passed so quickly, I'm glad that my actions and that of this great club have helped in your grief.

Kudos Bryan...I don't know you but you are a gentleman in your dealings on here and it is obvious that Simon's family appreciate it.

You stepped forward when needed.

Well today is the 25th. I'm sure we can all spare 5 mins of our Saturday to check out

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/71744-bishis-2nd-ta22-build-thread/

And give a minutes thought for Simon and his family that have been left behind.

RIP Simon

I joined after this but I've read the thread a couple of times. He truly had a car-mind and that machine he built was amazing! He was clearly a loved and respected gentlemen and as I posted on his thread a few months back my thoughts to his family and friends.

I for one am proud to be a part of a community who has supported and given to the family something to help them at such a difficult time.

Sorry for your loss but hopefully comfort can be taken in how much of an impact one person made to the car community, not only on celica club but the wider community it would seem.

Peace be with you all xx

Such lovely words Becci and Derek,

I honestly can not believe a year has passed already, I do hope that in time things will get easier for you all and that you can continue to live life to the full as I am sure Si would have wanted.

Sadly these things always happen to the good guys but you will always have your memories and no one can ever take those away from you :)

My thoughts are with you today and I really do wish you all the best. You know we are always here for you on CCUK, always welcome :)

Lost but never forgotten Si x

Echo what everyone has said.

Pleased to have helped in the wrangles with the insurance company over Simon's car. Eventually Becci has won that battle, which is small compensation, but at least the outcome is fair.

Si is missed terribly here, and I imagine all over this club and at RR.

S

Sorry for your loss . I didn't no simon but have read his thread many times and he has been such an insperation to me and many others on the club so dedicated .

Rip simon . He will always live on in your hearts and of everyone who knew him . :)

Becci & Derek,

Thanks for posting up- i was amazed too that a year had passed, when i found out on facebook thanks to Dawn (Cheers chick xx).

He still continues to inspire me. On the 25th when i had finished all my housework, and decided that I "couldn't be bothered" to go in the garage for an hour or two, i logged onto facebook and saw the news. So, after a small tribute status to the great man, I went straight into the garage and finished the seat riser brackets i was part way through making for my celica! He is still helping me along.

I keep meaning to finish some small aesthetics on my celica and take a picture, an idea blatantly stolen from another member on here (carlb) but a fitting tribute none the less.

Take care, and I hope in some small way this year will be at least a little easier for you and the rest of the family xx

As has been relayed by many others Becci it's astonishing to think it's been a year already. He was, is and always will be, considered a true legend on this forum and many others. He touched a great many people and I'm sure that everyone that ever had dealings with him will always remember him fondly. The world is a poorer place without him but I'll wager that right now heaven is rocking a wicked new JDM retro look ;)

A year goes by so fast but clearly he's not forgotten by you or any of us and never will be. In years to come people on CCUK will still speak of the legendary Mr. Bishi and he will always be held in the highest regard, both by those who knew him and those who have only heard the stories.

Rest In Peace Simon.

I'll wager that right now heaven is rocking a wicked new JDM retro look ;)

Amen brother :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.