£760 & brakes STILL touching

LiamGTR

Have you jacked the car up and spun each wheel to see which one is causing the noise

That way you should be able to pin point where the problem is coming from

If it's the back end then it could be the hand brake shoes if they are internal to the discs like on the Gen 5 & 6 (not sure what the setup is on the 7)

Have you checked the Handbrake shoes as they might have seized a little , cant remember if the celica has them or not been a while since i looked at that part.

They do & it could be although if changed the discs surly would have adjusted the handbrake shoes ?

If there is any run-out on the discs this can cause a rubbing sound against the pads especially with grooved discs.

As Rich said, spin the wheel by hand.

If the hand brake shoes were sticking this would show up hand spinning the wheels. If they are a little rusty just need to drive along in first gear with the hand brake pulled slightly on to clean them up.

Refurbed front calipers & P&P

MTEC grooved discs & Red stuff pads ALL ROUND

BRAND NEW rear calipers

Full brake bleed twice

All in the space of 2 months

And my rear disc STILL makes a "Shh shh noise

Why the FooK else can I do!? I'm skint!

Help :(

As stated, jack up the back of the car, spin the wheels and listen.

If all the new parts are OK then I would suspect the disc shields have been distorted. You would see shiny wear if there is contact.

Grooved discs can be noisy. I have MB AMG63 discs in the garage and to stop 2 tons from 200mph (de-restricted) there are no grooves.

Next time buy standard discs, pads and change the brake fluid every 2 years.

Edited by FlybyWyre

Check for fouling on the shit shield behind the disk hub. Did you adjust the handbrake shoes by the castlated nut as your meant too??

I had scrapping when i changed mine, this is remmedied with a screwdriver held on the fouled area, then hammer to fuck till clear, sorted. :thumbs:

DSC05120-1.jpg

DSC05119-1.jpg

Handbrake should be adjusted via this nut: -

DSC05029.jpg

Wind it so its undone from clamping the wheel to allow it to move freely with the handbrake fully released, then pull your handbreak up to however many clicks up you want it, 3 or 4. Then you need to adjust the castlated nut so the pads are fully clamping your brake, ie, your handbrake is fully on. Try to match both sides to get an even handbrake setting come MOT time. :thumbs:

Edited by splinter

Did I adjust? I gave it all to my mechanic friend Splinter so can't really answer I've no idea

I's have no idea about how to do or get into that position

Hmm, print off my last post, hand it to your "mechanic" and tell him to sort it out. id bet a large wad of readies this is your exact problem.

I woulda thought he might have seen that today with the calipers off? I dont wanna big him too much so gonna take it to one of those 'free brake test' places

Dont do that, take it back to the guy that fitted them. get him to finnish the job!! He should of picked up on the fouling when testing before handing back to customers. the simple jack up and spin will tell you if its clear or not.

Splinter has probably hit the nail on the head for you here mate. I had exactly the same problem you had when i changed my rear disks a few months ago - couldn't work out what the hell was wrong, so took it all apart again and found there's two dirt shields on the rear. It's the little one that stops any crap getting inside where the handbrake shoes are that seems to disagree with any aftermarket disc - just needs a bit of adjusting.

Easy fix and won't cost you a penny mate!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.