HELP - QUICK ADVICE NEEDED PLS

arizona

Mr Rizla has just phoned me to say he is locked out of the car (Hypercatjohns old GT)

Had engine running while clearing snow off

But the doors have locked with the keys in the ignition so he cant get back in!

He's ringing RAC but that could take a good while in this weather, anyone know of any tips here?

tip 1, go back indoors and put kettle on

tip 2 wait till 10am for rac to turn up...

You think they are going to turn up that soon, with them being as busy as they are at the mo?

tip 1 , put the kettle on

tip 2 , hoovering, dusting and general housework make the time go quickly :lol:

Why did it lock with the engine running?

Hope thats not a standard thing on the gen 7, as I do that when de-icing the car. I know if I click to unlock and don't go and open the door it will relock, but my understanding was that if you click, unlock, then open and shut a door it will stay unlocked. Thats my experience anyway, so have been running the engine with the doors closed whilst scraping the ice off

Many aftermarket alarms do have an anti hijacking feature that locks the doors after a set period of time after starting the car

Best bet is to try and get a piece of stiff wire (coat hanger) down the side of the window and flip the door release button

This happened to me when I went to collect wintersun's old car. It was the anti theft system that locked me out whilst filling the tyres with air.

There are a couple of way to do it. I personally pulled the glass outwards from the top and used a long stick to flick the lock catch and this opened the door. .

The other way is to put your hand up behind the front bumper and manually flick the bonnet catch to open the bonnet. Then you can remove the intake pipe and put your hand over the throttlebody to stall the car. This will cut the engine and the doors will re-open.

The doors open when the engine is cut off so by stalling the car, it allows you to open the doors again.

Good luck.

This happened to me when I went to collect wintersun's old car. It was the anti theft system that locked me out whilst filling the tyres with air.

There are a couple of way to do it. I personally pulled the glass outwards from the top and used a long stick to flick the lock catch and this opened the door. .

The other way is to put your hand up behind the front bumper and manually flick the bonnet catch to open the bonnet. Then you can remove the intake pipe and put your hand over the throttlebody to stall the car. This will cut the engine and the doors will re-open.

The doors open when the engine is cut off so by stalling the car, it allows you to open the doors again.

Good luck.

You sir are a genius.......

I to go out every morning before my shower and turn the car on, so that in the 20 mins it takes me to have a shower / coffee / get dressed the car is snug and defrosted.

*how to nick a Celica thread*

Yeah might be worth setting the thread fully private, or having comments amended now!?!

I'm guessing a master spare would fully unlock it ok, and a standard key would unlock the door - but would it have set the alarm off?

Edited by KrisSilver

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.