What came in the Post Today?

c.a.r.

that was what sold me, i didn't want to have to buy a special lube as well... plus you get nearly twice as much as other bars for similar price.

I'm a bit apprehensive though, as never clayed before, and have read it's quite firm and takes a lot of kneading to warm up... and then need to be gentle with it to avoid marring.

We'll see how it goes in the morning! :)

Edited by InsolentMinx

that was what sold me, i didn't want to have to buy a special lube as well... plus you get nearly twice as much as other bars for similar price.

I'm a bit apprehensive though, as never clayed before, and have read it's quite firm and takes a lot of kneading to warm up... and then need to be gentle with it to avoid marring.

We'll see how it goes in the morning! :)

Just have a spray bottle on hand to keep the paintwork wet, once you get into a rhythm it's easy enough. If you start to feel any resistance at all just stop & spray more water on. It'd take quite a bit of effort to get it to bite into the paintwork I reckon.

Be warned, you won't stop stroking the paintwork once you've finished :D

• Like 1

:thumbs: Hahaha, I had a little stroke of Splinter's "Moo" at the Ace Cafe (after he'd clayed), and the paint did feel smooth as glass!

i don't have an empty clean spray bottle though, I was just planning on using the 'mist' function of my hose gun. Can't imagine that would cause any issues.

That's a rare treat Steve! Haha. Last time she was clay'd was just after I bought it like 6 years ago! And probably won't be done for a long time yet.

She just got a wash and spray wax and window polish ready for JAE. Will throw in so e quick detailed and I will be set!

;) Hahaha, i'm sure she'll look great. Imagine it must be a bit fiddly to clay/polish with all the graphics?

I think my T-Sport Celica would have really benefitted from a clay as it spent a lot of time parked under a tree. I'm hoping the Yaris benefits as well, but it's in pretty good condition on the whole.

The weather's a bit 'meh' though... fingers crossed the sun comes out at some point!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.