What came in the Post Today?

c.a.r.

This is an idea I've stolen from another forum I used to use...

Rules are-

-If you've received something interesting for your Celica (be it big, or small) you post up an image. If it's obvious enough then there's no need for a description, or you could get people guessing...even just from the packaging if you so wish.

-Post up what you paid for it. This could be a bargain or RRP if you bought new or from auction, it helps indicate to other users the sort of price of things they may also wish to buy...

-Post up where you bought it from

To summarise- Pic, Price, Where?

I'll get the ball rolling (this just got delivered)...

KGrHqYOKpME3tfpzupFBOHc2OljDw_3.jpg

Car Audio Direct for £199...

• 8 months later...

let me know how you get on with them when your driving it, ive not even drove mine half a mile with them yet :( just a quick go up and down the road,

oh yea, you get a full sheet of stickers hiding in the box too :) take the inner box out and there under that found mine yesturday along with the invoice

1 more thing :D the heigh of my car is the hight they are straight out of the box btw :)

I cant justify Coillies unfortunately however much I want them. I cant take the additional stiffness or make use of the lowered ride height in my part of the world and for a few track days a year it's not worth it. My car handles well enough with my own setup and I drive it knowing what it will do.

But these Meisters are a nice bit of kit.

David, since my second Blyton trip where I had them set to fully hard I never changed them back so they are still on fully hard settings and be honest they are fine on a day to day basis, yes you can tell they are a bit harder but the fun you can have in the twisties far outweighs the slightly harder ride. He car stays superflat all the time!

John get them on and set up ASAP, my instructions said set to 13 all round for road use, but who reads the instructions :) I ran them at 21 all round but now I'm keeping them at 32 hahahaha

Edited by Serratia

I cant justify Coillies unfortunately however much I want them. I cant take the additional stiffness or make use of the lowered ride height in my part of the world and for a few track days a year it's not worth it. My car handles well enough with my own setup and I drive it knowing what it will do.

But these Meisters are a nice bit of kit.

I had Eibachs on before the TEINS & the car rides much, much smoother now ;)

Think people have too many misconceptions about coilovers and harsh ride - get decent set and as good if not better than OEM

i heard coilies were super stiff, but when i put mine on the hardest setting it wasnt as bad as everyone says, cant see what all the fuss is about :P

Nothing much for me just a tow strap and some stickers

f52e319f8db4d1d7b2be131d540158c7.jpg

Planning on some track time buddy?

Think people have too many misconceptions about coilovers and harsh ride - get decent set and as good if not better than OEM

Yeah I think the majority of people are put off by the stiffer spring rates, I know that was a concern of mine. What I didn't take into account, & most people probably don't, is that you're getting far superior damping over OEM as well. On lowering springs you're actually compromising the effectiveness of the stock damper by reducing it's travel, with coilies you're getting dampers that are designed to work with the available height settings.

Best test for me has been rumble strips leading up to a roundabout on a local bypass. The Eibachs used to crash over them, whereas the coilies just absorb everything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.