What came in the Post Today?

c.a.r.

These

But I wasn't in to receive them, there's also a pending cash on delivery payment which I guess is import duty.

. alt-yd-tcel00-sm.thumb.jpg.d034aa9135dfc150c181d8dc255cf0c1.jpg

Also waiting on this. Which I am hoping isn't going to affect performance too much, I just wanted some more shiny in the engine bay :D

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.66413d2aa8e2f58310a43268a9c50bf6.jpg

• Like 1

On 26/04/2017 at 20:40, Crazy Cat Lady said:

P1020475_zpsrfzmihqk.jpg

30 quid for front brake pad set, 20 quid for rears, and free postage - from Mister Auto : )

Just seen this . . .

Crikey they've gone up in price :o, 22 months ago I paid £18.50 for the fronts and £14.50 for the rears with free p&p.

I will buy them again though . . . . when the time comes . . . as they are excellent pads and don't cover your nice summer wheels in horrible black dust, in fact they are a very "clean"  pad

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, maizey said:

Just seen this . . .

Crikey they've gone up in price :o, 22 months ago I paid £18.50 for the fronts and £14.50 for the rears with free p&p.

I will buy them again though . . . . when the time comes . . . as they are excellent pads and don't cover your nice summer wheels in horrible black dust, in fact they are a very "clean"  pad

I expect the price hike is due to Brexit Tax on imported products & devaluation of the £  :(

Still very affordable at £28, and considering how much some of the fancy brakes pads cost.

£18.50 was a bargain  :thumbsup:

Debs

YAAAAY!

I did laugh and I saw your last post, they flash up on my screen as emails when I'm at work. Out of the corner of my eye I just picked up two words, AKUMA and struts.

For some reason I had an instant vision of you doing a Mick Jagger impression and very fine it was toO. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daytona said:

YAAAAY!

I did laugh and I saw your last post, they flash up on my screen as emails when I'm at work. Out of the corner of my eye I just picked up two words, AKUMA and struts.

For some reason I had an instant vision of you doing a Mick Jagger impression and very fine it was toO. :lol:

haha , well it was different to lewis comment lol ..

ian someone on another thread asked its strange how come the eibachs have less coils on the front than the back of the apex /amex , is that because of the progressive nature ?

in a nutshell .......yes.

outside a nutshell.............

Since lowering a car changes the spring rate and height of the car, lowering springs are categorised according to the spring rate, which is the amount of force or load it takes to compress a spring a certain distance. The higher the spring rate, the stiffer the spring is.

The two main types of lowering springs are the progressive rate springs and the linear rate springs. With progressive rate springs, the top and bottom coils have a bigger gap than the coils in the middle of the spring. The spring rate varies depending on the distance travelled, with the spring getting stiffer the more it is used, thus creating a comfortable ride. Progressive rate springs cost a lot more than linear rate springs; they are ideal for drivers who want buckets of aesthetic appeal and a smoother ride. Linear, standard, or specific rate springs have coils that are evenly spaced apart. There is no change to the spring rate no matter the distance one travels, thus the ride can get bumpy. Linear rate springs are less expensive than the progressive rate ones, and are for cars whose drivers prefer a better-quality lowering of the car and performance over looks.

going off topic chaps  There's another thread on newbies...................going there,.

Edited by daytona
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, daytona said:

in a nutshell .......yes.

outside a nutshell.............

Since lowering a car changes the spring rate and height of the car, lowering springs are categorised according to the spring rate, which is the amount of force or load it takes to compress a spring a certain distance. The higher the spring rate, the stiffer the spring is.

The two main types of lowering springs are the progressive rate springs and the linear rate springs. With progressive rate springs, the top and bottom coils have a bigger gap than the coils in the middle of the spring. The spring rate varies depending on the distance travelled, with the spring getting stiffer the more it is used, thus creating a comfortable ride. Progressive rate springs cost a lot more than linear rate springs; they are ideal for drivers who want buckets of aesthetic appeal and a smoother ride. Linear, standard, or specific rate springs have coils that are evenly spaced apart. There is no change to the spring rate no matter the distance one travels, thus the ride can get bumpy. Linear rate springs are less expensive than the progressive rate ones, and are for cars whose drivers prefer a better-quality lowering of the car and performance over looks.

Those Eibachs looks evenly spaced to me..... ?

This arrived... Not quite what I was expecting compared to the (obviously generic) stock photo, but...

305-121-101.jpg.016487153ab5535c4fd5a1b1c888d6e2.jpg

Came with a Ram air flex pipe thing that I have no idea where to put. Hope to fit it Saturday but it looks a bit cheap, if I am honest :/

• 3 weeks later...

thats one ive not heard of before mate :)  , everyone will want to look under the bonnet of yours at JDM combe ....

well done buddy , i know its taken you a while but its worth it in the end , myself next year im gonna use a new red as im fed up in dull weathers of the sparkle red looking copper etc.. might even be a custom red yet :)

• Like 1

It's lazy mans polish Baz. Special compound for steel. Fit felt tipped applkcator to cordless drill bzzzzz on wax bar which melts a bit onto spplicator. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by daytona
  • Like 1

My Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty that I had been waiting on.

Not as bad as I had feared, 3 points and £100 fine.

Which, considering the new rules, I will take without arguing.

Edited by Freeman558
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Freeman558 said:

My Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty that I had been waiting on.

Not as bad as I had feared, 3 points and £100 fine.

Which, considering the new rules, I will take without arguing.

i got one of these back in 2014 and i was doing 36 in a 30 zone ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.