What came in the Post Today?

c.a.r.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you loyal fans everywhere ..............and Dawn should win the italic neatest hand writing award.

I thought it was the all time excitement Sunday Ebay buy of 10 curtain hooks, as the saggy curtains were pissing me off, but No!!

Behold!!!

spoon1.jpg

Edited by daytona
  • Like 3

FOR SCIENCE!!!!!11111oneone

Today, in the post I received my el-cheapo MAF sensor and Coolant temperature sensor.  The replacement MAF is not an ebay jobbie but from a UK distributor who sells pretty decent quality aftermarket units.  Ive fitted sensors they have supplied to several cars over the years and not once ever had an issue.  The Coolant temperature sensor was from carparts4less (ECP) and is an intermotor branded unit.  MAF cost me £25 and CTS cost me a whopping £9

Neither of my existing sensors are outright bad, but sometimes I do get a MAF related CEL code even after its been cleaned. After 13 years and 130k miles I'm experimenting to see if I can increase my mpg a bit.  If they don't work out or die, ill just put my current factory ones back on. If both the new sensors work without issue that's the complete closed loop A/F sensor trio replaced as ive already done my pre-cat lambda.

If the rain holds off, ill swap them over tomorrow, then perform an ECU reset.  Ive got a reasonably long road trip planned for sunday which I can use as my mpg benchmark.  Ill also (hopefully) get to see the marvellous spoon that Daytona received :P

Edited by G.Lewarne

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Harry-Dave said:

Rear was £167.15. I'm debating giving it a further coating of hammerite or something to toughen it up before I ask for it to be fitted.

good idea, I would.  I would also spray a crap load of waxoil into the box section through the small gaps at the end

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.