What came in the Post Today?

c.a.r.

Been looking for 9 months john. Not prepared to pay bonkers money or spend all day searching the planet so chances pretty slim to fcuk all. :(

I might just get the ebay one and find a local artisan to bend it like Beckham, which is one option. So I am told.

What I was thinking for future, and another spin on getting a bent short shifter, was just cutting the oem one down and re-threading. I could cut it easily enough and I'm sure a metal working place wouldn't charge much to thread it.

As iv already bought and installed the eBay short shifter ill leave the spacers in the bottom of the shifter cage and just swap out the stick...shazamm an oem quality short shifter

What I was thinking for future, and another spin on getting a bent short shifter, was just cutting the oem one down and re-threading. I could cut it easily enough and I'm sure a metal working place wouldn't charge much to thread it.

As iv already bought and installed the eBay short shifter ill leave the spacers in the bottom of the shifter cage and just swap out the stick...shazamm an oem quality short shifter

Not really, the short shift is shorter at the top but longer at the bottom.

That's the reason for the spacers.

Without the longer throw at the bottom, this would make shifting pretty hard.

Not really, the short shift is shorter at the top but longer at the bottom.

That's the reason for the spacers.

Without the longer throw at the bottom, this would make shifting pretty hard.

Oh really? I'm sure when I sized them up next to eachother they were the same, just assumed the spacers worked in some other way

Ha well there goes that idea -.-

New airbag to try in my retrimmed steering wheel....

2014-04-08070838_zpsb73cb170.jpg

and glow shift gauge number 1.

2014-04-08070844_zps247af657.jpg

(these came yesterday, number 2 should be arriving today).

Edited by MYK

MK2 Rav4, 2000-2005 models.

Jo3 currently has the same one in his car which is what made me want to try it as looked good, so thanks to his advice managed to grab one :)

just recieved my brake caliper ..... it needs a good wire brushing but rubber looks ok where piston is so hopefully it will be ok ...

and then it will be back on the road again with the new mtecs ...)

it looks like the caliper hasnt been painted before but hey it was off a celica that was being broke and i have new guiders and the new sliders that i got from devnet .

Edited by celica1977

MK2 Rav4, 2000-2005 models.

Jo3 currently has the same one in his car which is what made me want to try it as looked good, so thanks to his advice managed to grab one :)

Have you seen this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26950970

It affected pre 2010 Airbags from you guessed it the Rav 4,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.