Strange Gen 8 Celica Concept - NOT FT86

Been having a random browse looking for concept pictures of the Celica (thinking how much the FT86 changed when it went into production) and came across these two concept pictures for a Gen 8 Celica for 2005, never seen these before! but looks a bit like the SIII Hyundai Coupe

mk8.jpg

05celica.jpg

Edited by Monkey_matt

Black one looks lovely - sort of combination of Gen 6, Gen 7, and 350Z as InsolentMinx says. Agree that the yellow version looks like it should have a renault badge on it, and presumably a 1.0 engine and some batteries!

Don't like those concepts.

However I'm surprised that this never went into production, given the success of the previous-Gen Celica drop-top...

convertable.jpg

i always liked this one, i dont like the yellow gen 7 vert though, cue someone posting picture

toyota also made a concept ofa gen 5 vert i posted up a few months ago and its nothing like the normal 5 vert and looks tasy gorgeous :drool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.