gauging interest and price before posting them for sale

pickles

Hiya guys

Due to needing to raise some funds I need to sell the 17" GT Wheels (Tech 5s) that came with Brinkz Car I recently brought (Celica Gen 7)

I have had the tyres removed, they were no good anyway (I thought bald tyres were illegal ^_^ ) so I will just be selling the rims themselves, easier to parcel up and pack anyway to be honest, lighter too :)

So, the wheels... a few marks, nothing to bad, a light refurb at most but to be honest I could happily run with them as is, its just a matter of personal taste I suppose, there not mint, but there are a few marks, just being honest

How much should I ask?

Obviously I need to sell them, If I had a choice I wouldn't lol they are really decent alloys, but I don't unfortunately have a choice..... so I want as much as I can get, but cant afford to be accepting silly amounts

HELP PLEASE GUYS :)

Chris

Edited by pickles

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah got to agree with Dave , i would think somewhere around the 300 mark if they are in good nick and still round

Really?

I'm sorry but I'd be surprised if they make more than £100 with no tyres!

Even in perfect condition, they're just not desirable enough for someone to impulse buy at £300.

A set of enkei or similar can be had for £300 & there's been a set of gt4 advan alloys on here for sale for ages, with tyres for £250!

Not trying to be moody or anything, but when so many 'better' wheels can be had for similar money, you'll just be wasting time/money pricing them unrealistically.

Wheels on auctions go for cheap.

Wheels on fixed price listings don't sell unless they are cheap.

People don't shop on ebay to pay what items are worth, they want bargains.

well 4 at £75 each makes £300 doesnt it ?

i thought they had stopped making these now ?

id be prepared to pay £200 + delivery just to have them sit in the garage till next year to use as winter wheels

post some pics so we can see the condition

Edited by Bumblebee

I suppose, if you want to pay over the odds for winter wheels, then do it!

Just picked up a set of winter wheels myself, cost me £56 with tyres.

You can have them for £200 if you like? :D

but they arent tech 5`s are they :D

and if people are prepared to pay £75 for one then £200 for 4 aint a bad deal is it ?

All depends on what you want , i still want my car to look nice in the winter and it would be cheaper for me to put rubber on rather than use my 18`s for the occassional track day too

Edited by Bumblebee

Pickles sent u an offer 30 seconds after u posted via pm let me know

Cheers lee

im guessing its what i offered lol

no worries , still think they are a good buy so long as they are in good nick and still round , not realy looking for wheels at the minute but you cant pass up a bargain can you ? lol

but they arent tech 5`s are they :D

Granted, they're not OE alloys at all, they're made by a tiny almost un-heard of jap company called WORK... :D

Actually, do list them for £300.

I wouldn't mind being proved wrong as pickles will be quids in! (we are all on the same team after all). :thumbs:

I just find it hard to understand what makes quite a plain wheel so desirable?

Is it purely 'cos they're off one of the better g7's?

Edited by Adex

Granted, they're not OE alloys at all, they're made by a tiny almost un-heard of jap company called WORK... :DActually, do list them for £300. I wouldn't mind being proved wrong as pickles will be quids in! (we are all on the same team after all). :thumbs:I just find it hard to understand what makes quite a plain wheel so desirable? Is it purely 'cos they're off one of the better g7's?

Tech 5s are made by Fondmetal Of Italy and are OE for GT.

Edited by GreyRacer

Bit like me then with my 8-spokes. Same will happen to those as well. Got six and looking at another new one now. I intend to keep my Gen7 for another 5 years so extras will come in handy but I only want new ones. At a cheap price Lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.