Guess Who's Back.......Back again

t3rrorbyte

After a long abcense I have returned :-D

After a small shunt my car was written off as a CAT D so got a cash settlement but before the money had even seen the inside of a bank i had snapped up this lil beauty

IMG_1543.jpg

And its a Previous Club members as it has the stickers on the GT4 Riser blocks.

I have a suspission that the interior was an electric blue by the remaining flecks of paint on various parts oh and hte rear speaker grills which are still blue, anyone recognise it?

This weekend i have to strip and swap parts between my old on and this one but one of the most criminal things is i wil have to let the TRD springs on my old car :cry:

I'll be taking the majority of the parts listed here in the garage this weekend before the insuance company come to collect the car on monday. I've just paid to have the alarm system reinstalled to the tune of £250, i keep telling my self it will all be worth it :D

Looks tidy, buddy.

Nowt wrong with a pre-facelift! :thumbs:

Always liked the facelift-gt4 alloys.

Hard to believe Toyota got it so wrong with the pre-facelift 3-spokes & so right with these 6 -spokes, eh?

Edited by Adex

Hi bigstring, yeah my insurance company wrote my car off. They sent me to a Toyota main deler assesor and valued the work to be done at £1300 for headlight, wing and facelift bumper:

IMG_1477.jpg

But you will never guess what the settlement figure was.....

£3200 :blink::dance::clap:

picked up the new one which is a 94 SS-II with a 3S-GE Engine, well looked after and original factory fitted TRD kit for £950 (Cha-Ching)

I do like the face lift bumper and if one comes up i may change it over but i'm happy with what i got, for now

Once i've got the induction kit on and HKS Silent hipower exhaust on i'll have my performance back as well as the looks :D

I have notice a diffence between the SSS with lowring spring and LSD gear box but the body work is in much better condition so smiles all round.

Got a wee dilema whether to keep the 17" avensis wheels i have on my old one or stick to the 16" GT4 wheels on this one :think:

i paid £2100 for the last one in 2008 with 68k on the clock and its got 98k on it now.

i did mention to the mrs about keeping it and knocking 20% off the settlement figure she said only if i want to sleep in it :sofa:

The only thing i have noticed is its running like Bill Gates, rich as fook! hoping an ECU reset when i change the induction kit and exhaust tomorrow sorts it :unsure:

Thanks guys glad to be back and will be more involved in the forum (in between changing nappies) :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.