to keep or not to keep

ok so i really just cant decide if i should keep mine or not and get a gt4,ive took some pics of gt today...if you could give us a vote that be cool :)

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

maybe it will help me to decide what to do,either keep it and carry on modding,or go gt4

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck man it's a good looking motor that. Dibs on it if you decide to sell.

No denying the GT4 is a fucking EPIC machine though, just spent 20 minutes watching oldskool rally vids of the ST205 and it's just awe inspiring.

I say sell up, get a GT4...life's too short :)

i know i keep going on about it,and sorry if im annoying anyone,i just really dont know what to do,it makes it hard cos as you say it is a nice looking gt and in good condition etc..what i dont wanna do is look back and regret selling it if i do,cos i doubt ill find another like it to be fair with the work ive done etc

Assuming you can afford to run a GT4, the only reson to change to one would be to have more power and grip. If you're happy with a "nippy" car that understeers then keep what you got. If you want a car that feels like it's on rails and will make your stomach churn when you mash the loud pedal, then get a GT4. Simples

haha

depends what you want mate, I have considered a GT4 a bunch of times. Usually go for a long drive in the gen 6 and convince myself "i cant sell this car" because I love it too much

but then again everyone is different if your car holds no sentimental value, sell up and move onto a GT4, I can count at least 4 gen 6 guys who have done it this year and all of them ran a GT for years

If you can afford a faff and run it,then go for it.You've a lot of doubts about this mate though haven't you,which tells me you really have an affinity with your car thats a bit more than ownership and a search for a power buzz..

haha

depends what you want mate, I have considered a GT4 a bunch of times. Usually go for a long drive in the gen 6 and convince myself "i cant sell this car" because I love it too much

but then again everyone is different if your car holds no sentimental value, sell up and move onto a GT4, I can count at least 4 gen 6 guys who have done it this year and all of them ran a GT for years

thats the trouble ive been driving gen 6 gts now for about 7 years,but this one im quite attached to,i dont know why just everytime i say,right thats it im selling and going gt4 i just cant do it lol my mate said id be mad to sell it,that doesnt help,then i gotta another mate whos always telling me to go turbo!

thats the trouble ive been driving gen 6 gts now for about 7 years,but this one im quite attached to,i dont know why just everytime i say,right thats it im selling and going gt4 i just cant do it lol my mate said id be mad to sell it,that doesnt help,then i gotta another mate whos always telling me to go turbo!

forget what your mates are saying if you sell its got to be your choice

dont go turbo because people are peir preasuring you into it :P

buy a GT4 first and if its for you then sell the GT if not sell the GT4 on

i know i keep going on about it,and sorry if im annoying anyone,i just really dont know what to do,it makes it hard cos as you say it is a nice looking gt and in good condition etc..what i dont wanna do is look back and regret selling it if i do,cos i doubt ill find another like it to be fair with the work ive done etc

It`s starting to piss me off now, you going on about it all the time..

Not really :D if you have the money mate go for it. I know if i did i would`nt think twice. Good luck whatever you do fella.

forget what your mates are saying if you sell its got to be your choice

dont go turbo because people are peir preasuring you into it :P

buy a GT4 first and if its for you then sell the GT if not sell the GT4 on

i know its down to me at the end off the day,i think its also cos ive throw alot money at this car as well and its been such a good car its unreal,best ive ever had id say,and would a gt4 be as equal hassle free and as good to me.

It`s starting to piss me off now, you going on about it all the time..

Not really :D if you have the money mate go for it. I know if i did i would`nt think twice. Good luck whatever you do fella.

ah you had me going there for a min.. :lol:

Thats a lovely looking car B)

Tough decision but, would you use a GT4 to its full potential, really? If so then yes, otherwise would keep this for definate :)

hmmm to be honest i dont often drive that fast,but since the age of 3 years old ive always been a petrol head,and my freinds know this,so they like get what you always wanted etc,but i do have the sudden urge now and again to drive fast,its nice to have the power they for sure,but i dont think id kane it about all time,just now and again probs as i look after my cars as well.

If it helps mate I have been in the same position although mine is older and NO way in as good nick as yours. I'm keeping mine. :)

the main thing thats also holding me back is the way things are going in the world,everything going up ie petrol etc,people strugglein,id have to take a loan out and not sure if its a smart move at mo also,didnt help when i took it to toyota to have a new bonnet cable put in,and the mechanic came out to tell me how much he liked my car,he had a gt4,and i said to him i was thinking about swapping and he said no dont do it its not worth the hassle,and he said keep it mate its nice,thats coming from a toyota mechanic,he had got one that had a few issues i think and he said if i do go for it get standerd one that hasnt been played with.

Edited by looney

id have to take a loan out and not sure if its a smart move at mo also.

Loan- not a smart move, cos you'll also be spending a fair bit faffing too no doubt

Why not keep this one for another year, put the money you'd pay on the loan in a separate account called GT4 acoount :)

Loan- not a smart move, cos you'll also be spending a fair bit faffing too no doubt

Why not keep this one for another year, put the money you'd pay on the loan in a separate account called GT4 acoount :)

could do but they getting older and older and i feel like if i dont do it soon i would have miss the boat so to speak

Edited by looney

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.