What is ment by Pre facelifted and facelifted

Gimba

You don't have to drive illegally to use lift!

No one here on the forum ever drives illegally and we all punish our high speed rockers regularly. :D

It does seem a waste to only drive up to 3000rpm, not exactly economic engine for quiet pootling along. Still whatever floats your boat.

1st adn 2nd gear up to 8200rpm will comfortably see you to the national speed limit :thumbs:

As mentioned before, there are only a few minor differences between "facelift" and "pre-facelift" Celicas. It is mainly a few exterior changes; the front bumper looks different and the rear lights are a different design. Also the clock light is different along with a deeper coloured interior trim/plastics.

The "main" difference is the 140's had a re-designed engine due to an infamous design flaw called the "death rattle", which, if left unchecked, killed your engine. This is ONLY on 140's, so you're fine.

However, the 190's had re-designed lift bolts as Hoody01 said - this was because Toyota's first design prompted them to break fairly often, which means partial or full loss of lift. The re-designed bolts prevent this.

And finally... you have a 190bhp car with lift engaging after 6500rpm and you only go up to 3000? Next time you see a national speed road coming up to you - drop down to second and give it some beans. Hitting the red line will pop you up to just short of 62mph - perfectly legal. Although it is illegal to speed, I'm not sure if it's illegal to get to the speed limit really fast?

You NEED to feel lift once in a while dude. The car wants it and is very sad :( lol

you sure bout that coz i got a 190 TS facelift on a 03 platelaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You are both right. Toyota discounted branding the 190bhp Celica as the VVTi-190 in 2002 and re-launched the 190bhp "T-Sport" and "GT" models as facelifted vehicles after 2002.

Okay next time I go on a national speed limit I will hit 6500+ revs, this better be fun & good lol, can't wait

Thanks for all the info everyone

:laugh2:

shoulda bought the 140 and saved yourself money on your insurance if you're never going to use lift :thumbs:

Mine's for sale if you want... :D

If I knew about Celica-Club and saw these brilliant cars for sale I would haveb oughton of them without a doubt,

But I had money and my one was going for £2500, I thought it was a bargain, has had all the services & stamped, loads of things replaced. and the insurance was only about £30-40 difference between 140&190

No one here on the forum ever drives illegally and we all punish our high speed rockers regularly. :D

1st adn 2nd gear up to 8200rpm will comfortably see you to the national speed limit :thumbs:

Nope, I only use lift for "safety" reasons. ;)

Okay next time I go on a national speed limit I will hit 6500+ revs, this better be fun & good lol, can't wait

Good man. My one recommendation for your first time.... Find a long and straight piece of road. Lift hits like a switch and if you're cornering and haven't used it before you could get caught off guard! :unsure:

Be sure to let us know when you've broken 6k rpm.

For the rest of us, is it just me that wants to go for a drive even more now? :lol:

Okay next time I go on a national speed limit I will hit 6500+ revs, this better be fun & good lol, can't wait. Thanks for all the info everyone. If I knew about Celica-Club and saw these brilliant cars for sale I would have bought one of them without a doubt, But I had money and my one was going for £2500, I thought it was a bargain, has had all the services & stamped, loads of things replaced. and the insurance was only about £30-40 difference between 140&190

As a former 140 owner and now a T-Sport owner I think you've made the right decision getting the 190 :) The 140 is great, but having lift just improves the car so so much so don't go back from your 190! Sounds like you got an absolute bargain to me so enjoy it mate.

As said above, the differences between facelift and preface are the exterior ones described above (bumper, rear lights), the interior illumination is all in green on a preface as I recall but orange on the facelifts, light grey interior plastics in the preface and dark grey plastics in the facelift, and redesigned lift bolts in the facelift engine. There's a few other subtle details which I can't quite remember. I'm sure someone on the gen7 board was talking about a difference that they'd spotted between the headlight levelling switches or something like that too. As far as I'm concerned they're the same car, same chassis and engine, and they both look great so it really doesn't matter which one you have :)

I have hit the 6500+ mark, was staying at 4000 in 6th gear, then I thought .. hold on .. I'm looking at about 10 miles of straight open road, so i put it into 5th and it only went to 5000, then 4th into about 5500 and then just put my foot down up to 8500 .. was brilliant!, now I know it all works =), was alot of fun, won't hesitate to do that again :lol:

My lift get some serious abuse!! the engine was designed to rev, and it loves to. i dont see the red line as a warning, more a target. getting your dyno done will show you where the power drops off, so you can hit peak before the change, this is right at the top of you rev range, the car lacks torque low down, this car is meant to be driven at high revs to stay in power. I love it, and definatly need more track time to use her properly. keep silly fast driving to where it belongs, on track! but i do use lift safely on main roads too, and some good old B-Road blasting!! Enjoy your new found awesomeness! :thumbs:

You've hit the nail squarely on the head there Splinter with every element of your post.

I've not taken my T-Sport on the track, so have only used lift in the first 3 gears and in clear, reasonably straight areas.

Congratulations on joining lift club Gimba, the first rule of lift club is: Shout about it lots and lots!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.