Painting wheel nuts

Is there a way to do this without the paint just flaking or scratching when I come to tighten them up on the wheels? Kind of restricted to the amount of layers of paint/lacquer you can put on for obvious reasons. Alternatively is there something I can put between the wrench and nuts to act as a defence? I was thinking bluetac LOL dunno tho.

paint them then lacquer them, best you can do really. and trying to put anything over the nuts to protect them when doing them up isnt really going to work, becasue the socket fits snug on the bolt for max grip, putting somthing on to protect the nut would just get pushed to the end of the socket. just try not to have a habit of taking the wheels nuts on and off alot lol

I am guessing your wheel nuts are of the after market variety with the anti theft key, which is just a specific size and shape of nut which require the key which it came with? which is on all the nuts and not just 1 per wheel.

Was going to suggest what i did,

SL380011.jpg

SL380010.jpg

But not too sure you can with the description you gave.

Edited by samuaw

Try high temperature paint, I recently brought myself VHT caliper paint for my locking nuts mainly because I loved there plum purple colour.

Remember to bake them wheel nuts in the oven whatever paint you use.

http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/caliperpaint/

The sides will flake but the top of the nuts should be okay(the part you only really see) as long as you don't take your wheels off everyday.

Edited by tlee05

I am guessing your wheel nuts are of the after market variety with the anti theft key, which is just a specific size and shape of nut which require the key which it came with? which is on all the nuts and not just 1 per wheel.

Correct. My description was sloppy lol.

Thanks tlee I'll put that down as an option!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.