Exhaust manifold wrap

Sherv

I've got a 182 manifold which I'm going to fit to my 162, as they're less restrictive than the stock gen4 header.I want to heat-wrap it though for maximum efficiency,so any recommendations from those of you that have done yours,what make,how much to use/ cost,fixings etc or advice be much appreciated thanks.Rather than crawl the ' bay and end up with tat.:)

Sherv

I'd suggest getting some decent quality 50mm wrap, not the narrower stuff (as you will need twice as much)

It has been a while since i did mine but i think i bought 5m, oh and don't forget the metal cable ties either

As for fitting, soak it in a bucket of water before fitting and try and do it wearing gloves and long sleeves (unless you like itching for a week afterwards)

Then once wrapped and tied off, start the engine to dry it out, it may take some time and should look something like this tongue.gif

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Hello Derren, Following our conversation on Sunday about my job, here is a couple of facts that was proven at work with the measuring gear that we have. From cold, the heatshield on my Gen 6 measured 162c after the 8 mile run to work. I wrapped the exhaust and under the same conditions it measured 137c. Stupid info, but, is it gonna be worth it?

Just having a quick look on ebay, maybe it wasn't 5m i bought, probably more like 10m..................... sorry, but it was 2 years ago, i can't even remember what i did last week laugh.gif

Hello Derren, Following our conversation on Sunday about my job, here is a couple of facts that was proven at work with the measuring gear that we have. From cold, the heatshield on my Gen 6 measured 162c after the 8 mile run to work. I wrapped the exhaust and under the same conditions it measured 137c. Stupid info, but, is it gonna be worth it?

Ahh, but the heat shield is still attached with direct metal to metal contact to the exhaust, so it will conduct more of the heat from the manifold

After a 20 minute run to work i can put my hand on my exhaust, i have never measured the temp, but it certainly works

I am also in the process of modding my spare manifold by cutting off the heat shield mounting lugs to allow me to wrap the whole manifold without having to leave the 2 lugs unwrapped, but i prefer the look without the heat shield anyway

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.