Lightning McQueen

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it's a cartoon not a real car I suppose there's no such thing as a "replica" although a gen 5 has a similar profile so could maybe carry it off? Pop up headlights are wrong though. Also it looks a bit like an MX6 to me.

My opinion is that it's a bit tacky to have a replica of a movie car, but each to their own. In most cases I think the standard car is much nicer: I'd love a 69 Charger but mine wouldn't have a nudge bar and rebel flag on the roof. Wouldn't mind a 3rd gen Trans Am but I wouldn't want loads of pretend computers in it and a red light on the front like KITT. Delorean or time machine, it's a long list. What does amuse me is tongue in cheek movie car inspired stuff: I've seen a Bedford Rascal A-team van, and yesterday on the M62 I saw a yellow van with a fin on the roof and big flower pots for rocket boosters on the back doors pretending to be Thunderbird 4!!! It made me smile but I wouldn't want to own it.

As it's a cartoon not a real car I suppose there's no such thing as a "replica" although a gen 5 has a similar profile so could maybe carry it off? Pop up headlights are wrong though. Also it looks a bit like an MX6 to me.

My opinion is that it's a bit tacky to have a replica of a movie car, but each to their own. In most cases I think the standard car is much nicer: I'd love a 69 Charger but mine wouldn't have a nudge bar and rebel flag on the roof. Wouldn't mind a 3rd gen Trans Am but I wouldn't want loads of pretend computers in it and a red light on the front like KITT. Delorean or time machine, it's a long list. What does amuse me is tongue in cheek movie car inspired stuff: I've seen a Bedford Rascal A-team van, and yesterday on the M62 I saw a yellow van with a fin on the roof and big flower pots for rocket boosters on the back doors pretending to be Thunderbird 4!!! It made me smile but I wouldn't want to own it.

I think it would look ok if its thr right make and model of car, but since Lightning isnt a real model to me it would have to be an actull NASCAR to start with. Lightning is not a Celica, not even japanese so it not going to right whatever you do to it.

Thats why I think if you want to go down this route (and I love the idea) invent another character that could be in the next cars film. Could ave fun with this a ninja jap Celica with a sushi addiction or something.

I think it would look ok if its thr right make and model of car, but since Lightning isnt a real model to me it would have to be an actull NASCAR to start with. Lightning is not a Celica, not even japanese so it not going to right whatever you do to it.

Thats why I think if you want to go down this route (and I love the idea) invent another character that could be in the next cars film. Could ave fun with this a ninja jap Celica with a sushi addiction or something.

like it, ninja celica sounds good

Oh, you mean Ligtning McQueen

No idea what you're talking about.

Oh, you mean Lightning McQueen!

(rp caught with his own net har har ;):lol:)

If anyone here painted their car like LMcQ, they'd be my son's absolute hero. He tried to convince me to do it to my Prelude. :lol:

As said above, McQueen himself was done up like a Corvette later in the film, and he's not a Vette, so nobody can complain if a different car gets done up in his Rust-Eze colours. ;)

Angus

Any car done up in the Rusteze colours would be a kid's dream.

My grandson would go nuts.

I am about to get little Autobot stickers for my convertible because he says it's a Transformers car.

I say go for it.

You will be a local hero.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.