Door open warning on dash

Mine has just started coming on and stays on all the time now, even with the doors and bootlid closed and the ignition off and key out. This is causing problems with my intrusion and remote locking alarm.

Anyone know where on the door or the frame the sensor is? I've had a good look but can't see anything which might be the culprit.

Car is my Gen 6 UK facelift Vert.

Edited by Gen6GT

As has been said the door sensors are on the "B" post of the car under the rubber covers.

There may be a problem with the wiring on one of them though.

If you undo the 1 x 10mm bolt that holds it to the car, you can then pull the sensor out of the "B" pillar and you will see the wiring. There is a plug on the wire and you can remove the sensor itself. It may have a broken connection.

Is the interior light also coming on?

If its not then there could be a fault with the integration relay which runs all these things, or it could be a short in the wiring somewhere.

If it is then I'd be looking at a faulty sensor on either of the doors or the boot lid.

Had them out yesterday, doesn't look to be a problem with them. I'll be checking the boot lid today, and also the interior lights - they don't come on, but I may have them switched-off at the moment. I'll need to check the relay, too, if I can find it.

Thanks for all the replies.

This has really got me stumped. The interior lights are on all the time, unless I turn them into the off position. I can't find the boot sensor, I suspect it's under the boot trim so I'll have that off tomorrow.

Where will I find the integration relay?

Try changing the "DOME" fuse which is in the long fuse box under the engine bay.

The dome fuse causes loads of electrical isssues on the gen6. It controls the interior lighting etc..

( Not quite sure what changing the fuse will do TBH, but its worth a shot. )

Failing that I would imagine the integration relay is what is at fault.

It is located on the back of the main fuse holding in the drivers side below the steering wheel.

It is a large yellow/cream coloured unit about 3 inches by and inch and a half in size.

( On the imports it can be a greeny /blue colour) If you want one, then let me know what colour yours is and get the part number off it. I will more than likely have one in stock.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.