Is this a good quote for Full Front Respray + Rear Bumper + Door

Ok so I showed the bodyshop guy my chipped to death bonnet, front bumper, dent in the drivers door & dent in the rear bumper & chipped wings

So he said he'll do:

• Front bumper
  • Bonnet
  • Both front wings
  • Repair & respray passenger door (after the roof tile incident)
  • Repair & respray rear bumper (Dad will go halfaz as he was the one that done it)
  • Machine polish the rest of the car

£440

I've took 2 weeks off work, he said it'll be done in 1, give it to him on Monday and I can come collect Friday morning.

Sound fair?

Edited by LiamGTR

bloody amazing price mate!

Cool, good to hear, took a bit of bargaining but basically the more I decided to get done, the more he was easily persuaded.

Nearly had a full respray but he wouldn't go under £1k due to paint/labour/time, damn! :lol:

im getting a discounted price from someone i know.

Im getting;

front bumper resprayed (fibreglass)

TRD sideskirts resprayed

TRD spoiler resprayed

rear quarter needs to be sanded down, repaired (rust) and resprayed

£450 he wants for doing it, so i would say you got a good price

chanelle x

extremely good price , but id ask to look at what his work looks like first

Good point, there was a few cars & a minivan in his booths getting worked on but I never asked.

End of the day if the car looks shite, he won't be getting paid the full amount

Sounds a good price , but get feedback on his work and if poss see some of his work mate, I got recommend someone earlier this year and the work was done badly , cost me 330 for two rear quarters resprayed and treated for minor rust a wing and sunroof when I looked over the car he had not removed any mudflaps or trim and I wad left with masking marks on the trim and runs / lines behind the mudflaps ! He said to pay then he would take the car back the following week to rectify it ad he didn't want me being unhappy with his work, guess what ! ! He never answered his phone again and nobody could get hold of him, now I have to pay again at some point to get it re done as the rust came back after a week !

Don't get me wrong the bloke you've gone to may be top notch and not a cowboy like the one I went to , just for your own piece of mind check his work first.

Good luck bud

Your car may end up with a little odd match like seans was though as fresh paint lol. Go the whole hog, get it all done! Hahaha

I wish I could drop £1k, but unfortunately i'm one of those idiots who thinks too much into the future, and i'm already saving up for next years insurance as i like to pay it off in 1.

A full front + door blend + rear bumper will have to do.

Slightly mis-match paint is better than chips + dents

So your Dad damaged your bumper and is only paying half for the bumper or half for the whole lot???

Either way it's a good price mate - i'm paying £350 for a bumper, lip, skirts and valance which i thought was a good deal.

Sounds like a right deal.

I got quoted a few weeks ago for

*Spoiler respray

*Rear wing gorge-dent fill & respray

*Front wing deep chip repair & spray

1st place was £450, 2nd place was £440.

Needless to say I've not taken either up yet :D

Also make sure you know where you stand with the VAT, as stated prices are usually without the VAT so he might try to increase the price on you..

So your Dad damaged your bumper and is only paying half for the bumper or half for the whole lot???

Either way it's a good price mate - i'm paying £350 for a bumper, lip, skirts and valance which i thought was a good deal.

My dad is paying half the price of my rear bumper.

Sounds like a right deal.

I got quoted a few weeks ago for

*Spoiler respray

*Rear wing gorge-dent fill & respray

*Front wing deep chip repair & spray

1st place was £450, 2nd place was £440.

Needless to say I've not taken either up yet :D

Also make sure you know where you stand with the VAT, as stated prices are usually without the VAT so he might try to increase the price on you..

Lol i'd like to see him try that one :lol: He's well recommended around this area so i'm prtty hopefully

That sounds to me to be a very good price. My G7 went in the body shop 2 weeks ago for a front wing repair after a slight mod by a reversing XJ6. It had a new (gen Toyota) front wing and a respray that inc pass door to blend in paint and a ful machine polish. I saw the bill to his ins and it came to just a tad under £900. I don't know how much a gen wing costs, but lets say £300 on a very bad day so it cost around £600 for just 2 panels and a polish.

Im looking at 1400 for full respray once i have got new wing on and minor rust done, seen the guys work and got plenty of reomendations............ :D

Yea that's pretty much what I would have been looking at for a full job, well maybe about £1100 as he was easily persuaded.

Wish I could justify it :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.