How much do you put in your car at any one time?

How much do you put in at the pumps?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Pumping!

• £10
    • £15
    • £20
    • £30
    • £40
    • £50
    • £60+

I run the tank to around 1/4 (I think, as my fuel gauge is broked :lol:) then fill up each time. Makes it easier to track MPG, and I honestly can't be bothered to spend any more time than really necessary at the pumps. I don't really mind putting £80 in as opposed to 4x £20, as its all the same money at the end of the day, and even if the price fluctuates by 3 or 4p thats only about £2 difference on 60 odd litres.

As for people paying on card in stations with card pumps - that confuses me too! Mind you, at my local Asda, the card pump lane is always the most clear one so it just means I don't have to queue as long. So that makes up for it :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually put £20 at a time in, but i remember the days when i used to put £2 in at a time for the trials bike and would get a good few journeys to work and back :o in the good ol' days

Noticing people are def driving without too much right foot lately

Just a few years ago was managing on abour £20 a time which would last a week,(I live about 5 mins from work) now getting close to £30. The way I figure, unless you're planning a long trip, why carry the unnecessary weight of a full tank around - every little helps or something..

I recon you could put £20 of fuel in and buy 100 fags and save your self time and money B)

£5 every other day oh and ten fags usually :)

Edited by bigstring

Is it my imagination or does £40 of petrol last 3 times longer than £20 not twice as long????

Ive often thought this. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Oh and despite my above statement

normally a tenner at a time coz im a tight arse :D

This. I'm absolutely convinced the car uses less fuel when there's more in it. The mpg just seems MILES better (get it?) when the tanks full. Been like this with every car I've ever owned.

Snap on the cheap fuel, Farking Tesco's Super stuff, dont rate it!, but I also filled up a Jerry can for the lawn mower for the year,,,,, £7+ for a jerry can!!!!!!!!!!

£65 to fill her up yesterday :(

drove past the cheapest place i've seen for a while, so figured i'd grab some 'cheap' petrol while i could.

Im the same, but drive all the way to Swindon to get it, being some 20/25 miles, Super is the same if not less than normal fuel round here, and yes even my mover gets super this year, haha

ah, that was just the standard Unleaded...

i don't even bother looking at the price of the super stuff... brings a tear to my eye

Depends on a number of factors to be honest, if its colder i'll put more in. More bang for your buck, or so is my understanding of it. I put £10 in at the weekend because thats all I had on me and I don't trust any garages with my card at all...

How much normally depends on how accurate I am, its the male mentality. Just £20.00..... whir whir whir £20.01 "Fine... £25 then" whir whir whir "£25.01" I will keep going until its bang on a number. I have brimmed the tank on a couple of occasions using this method.

How much normally depends on how accurate I am, its the male mentality. Just £20.00..... whir whir whir £20.01 "Fine... £25 then" whir whir whir "£25.01" I will keep going until its bang on a number. I have brimmed the tank on a couple of occasions using this method.

Hahaha, i do that!

Don't want the guy/gal at the checkout to see £20.01 and think: "hahaha, you missed £20.00, are you retarded? how hard is it to keep squeezing until it clicks past £19.99. You fail at life."

Nope. I'd rather pay an extra $4.99.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.