GT, taken up the rear

samuaw

WELL!

What a day, Had my tyres changed in the morning, Well cuffed at the bargain price i got the tyres for esp with mobile fitting.

Then went to work....to try out the new tyres, or to scrub them before the tunnel run..

In the middle lane, of a duel carriage way, People were cutting in because the right lane turns off into another direction (crap junction planning)

3 cars infront let cars in, and had to slow down and what not.

Then everyone speeds up and it happens again, someone lets cars into our lane. The car infront of me does an emergency brake, Then I do an emergency brake

Thinking " holy crap, my tyres are new... I am going to hit him as my abs is going to cut in"

Luckily I didn't hit in.. Phew...

look in back mirrow.. UH OH!

BRACE!!!

Then a golf GTI takes me up the arse.

Got out, the guy infront gets out... I wallk over to see the guy in the golf as it was quite a bad impact.... his door is jammed shut as the wing is pushed back onto the door. he opens the windows and tells me to take the reg of the person infront of me...

In shock seeing my car, and seeing the crash, I didn't even think of taking down the car infront who did the emergency stop which triggered it all off.. And he got back into his car and fooked right off...Some dicks in the world.... .

Well.. back to the story, Moved my car forward, it was litrally raised up on his front... No witness as everyone on the A road buggered off... pulled into a side road. The golf's Bonnet was bent up, grill bumper radiator, lights.. All gone. Wings pushed back so he couldn't open his door. Got his car towed back..

For me.. Here are the pictures.

Well the pictures on photo bucket are being a bitch.. So i'll upload it when i can..

But in basics.. a big dent on my bumper, knocked back pretty damn hard.. Dunno about structural hopefully none.., the panel gap is at 0mm over the usual 1mm.. came off the mounting holes..., The TRD valance is history, Lower bit of the stock bumper is missing. as it is on the valance as it got pull off.

Tiger seal is not as good as i thought... :(

Saw AMS's was breaking the JDM celica a month back or so enquired about the TRd valance, but i deemed it a tad too pricey to replace a replica that i already had...

WELL...... I do now :(

Will update with pictures

5518154203_e12c61a96a_z.jpg

11032011536 by samuaw, on Flickr

Seems quite calm.. Maybe the valance just fell off...

Wait... it is tiger sealed on... Hmmm

5518746320_6b78e783ab.jpg

11032011539 by samuaw, on Flickr

5518746076_d26b03c95e.jpg

11032011538 by samuaw, on Flickr

5518745740_6b7bbbd324.jpg

11032011537 by samuaw, on Flickr

5518744130_dce9f77f2d.jpg

11032011540 by samuaw, on Flickr

5518153419_33c4241623.jpg

11032011541 by samuaw, on Flickr

Anything missing on the last picture!

EDITED- PICTURES ADDED and :( brings tear to my eye

Off to sulk now

Edited by samuaw

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news Sam. No body was hurt, oh no what's that your neck is hurting! Only joking.

That bumper needs to come off to see what the real damage is. At least you didn't go forward & hit the car in front as well.

It should get sorted quickly as it's a shunt. Your case - driving along with traffic, car in front brakes hard, you slow down as quickly as you can in the expect safe distance, but due to new tyres you are carefull under braking. Golf driver is too close & can't stop in time. Due to your safe distance you do not roll forward & hit the car in front.

who would had thought the rear ass of a gen 7 was tougher than the front of a golf?

TBH even if you got the details of the driver in front it wouldn't had made any difference.

The argument would had been, why was you so close in the first place? You should had given enough breaking distance. The golf would had to pay up in this case.

who would had thought the rear ass of a gen 7 was tougher than the front of a golf?

TBH even if you got the details of the driver in front it wouldn't had made any difference.

The argument would had been, why was you so close in the first place? You should had given enough breaking distance. The golf would had to pay up in this case.

Yep, absolutely right. In the eyes of the law )and the insurance companies) drivers are supposed to leave enough room between them and the car in front to be able to brake safely... you'll find it was the guy who hit you who was totally to blame, his insurance should pay for everything needing doing to your car.

bad news sam , gutted for you , but as stated the golfs fault so feck him , insurance should sort it out quickly as its a open and shut case (he was to close to stop) , and as lee said , hows yer neck ;)

Sorry to hear about this Sam T.G. You & the other person/s are Ok though thats the main thing

tbh I wouldnt mention the 'New Tyres' in any statement about the accident & its just a case of the driver in front being too close .. or driving too fast for the traffic conditions.

You managed to stop in time, because of the gap between you & the car in front Simples

as I said ... what they dont need to know & all that, it may make no odds, but why mention new tyres if theres no need to !!!

You know what they can be like ... Oh !!! thats a Mod you didnt tell your insurance Co. about

This could then result in you being TRUELY taken up the rear for a 2nd time Sam

Just a thought !!

Edited by cait

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.