BG 44K

Lets say a can costs £20. As its meant to last 10k miles, lets say that is 12 months driving.

It's only £1.67 a month, so not a waste of money.

It might give some gains, it might not (depending on how effecient your engine is). But at the end of the day, having a engine engine is never a bad thing in my view.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need I say more than below, prior to this it was 360/361, give it a go.

IMG00770-20110416-0845.jpg

IMG00768-20110416-0844.jpg

Haha come off it you! We all know you drove like Captain slows grandad to get that though!

I'm not saying anything negative about it or jumping the gun early by claiming all the benefits are bullshit. I just find it hard to believe that a tin of something makes this much difference. And am more than open to try it and prove myself wrong :)

Hardly likely to be weather-related, this is my third year of Gen 6 GT ownership, and my car is my only transport for business. As I am a freelance IT tech serving SME's in the Oxon/Berks/Bucks area my mileage is always high, but that's reflected in my hourly rate.

Not disputing anything, don't worry :)

Just think it's kinda coincidental that increased mpg happens when the weather starts warming up. It's just scientific fact that warmer weather burns less fuel. I'm gonna give it a go for definite when I'm paid tomorrow, so will report back. My engine..even on 125k...is stunningly smooth and powerful for it's age and mileage already...so we shall see!

Haha come off it you! We all know you drove like Captain slows grandad to get that though!

I'm not saying anything negative about it or jumping the gun early by claiming all the benefits are bullshit. I just find it hard to believe that a tin of something makes this much difference. And am more than open to try it and prove myself wrong :)

Not disputing anything, don't worry :)

Just think it's kinda coincidental that increased mpg happens when the weather starts warming up. It's just scientific fact that warmer weather burns less fuel. I'm gonna give it a go for definite when I'm paid tomorrow, so will report back. My engine..even on 125k...is stunningly smooth and powerful for it's age and mileage already...so we shall see!

LOL, not taking offence at all.

Actually with my current car being a Vert I would expect mpg to go down, as I have the top down whenever I can, which rather f*cks up the aerodynamics.

Result from BG 44K

Pre-treatment approx 29.9mpg

Post-treatment approx 32.9mpg

And that's with being a wee bit heavier with the right foot.

We'll see how long that lasts though.

I bought a few cans of this stuff & I must say I'm not falling for everything it claims.

I'm sure on its website that it restores the engine to near factory new cleaness as well as cleaning the plugs. Well 1 can went into my old Fiesta (before it failed the MOT) & another in my replacement Fiesta before its service. Now I took both sets of plugs out after the cars were on their pretty much close to their 3 tank fill-ups after putting the BG44K in.

Now both sets of plugs were in no way clean, let alone being "almost new looking". I've not noticed any fuel ecconomy improvement either.

Hmm.

As you all know, I am loathe to part with money - especially 20 quid all in one go. :lol:

But I would do if I thought this stuff would perk up the car a bit. Shall I go for it?

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Now on offer at £14.99 plus an extra 10% discount if you use the code CLUB on checkout.

From their email:

Summer discounts at Powerenhancer

30% off all Motul lubricants and fluids (Use offer code MOTUL30 during checkout)

20% off all Red Line Products (Use offer code RED20 during checkout)

20% off everything else if you order £50 or more (Use offer code SUMMER20 during checkout)

10% off everything else - no minimum order amount (Use offer code CLUB during checkout)

BG 44K is at an all-time low of £15 inc. VAT for a limited time and whilst current stocks last. Add the above discount to that price and you will pick up 44K for less than trade!

The offer code box can be found on the top right hand side column of the checkout page.

These offers are in ADDITION to the multiple order discounts built into our online store. Therefore, there are even greater savings if you purchase more than 1 of the same product.

Valid until Midnight, Thursday 30th June, 2011.

Kind regards,

Powerenhancer Team

www.powerenhancer.co.uk

Whenever I hear about some fantastic additive the first thing I do is try to find the Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for it because that tells you something about what it is made of. The MSDS for 44k is available online and based on the info it contains I find it really hard to believe that it is anything special or is going to be a particularly good cleaner. Adding a can to your tank may make the engine feel good while it is still around, but lasting benefits...? Work out what it costs per gallon. Not for me thanks.

Toyota do a simular product for a simular price. when taxi drivers have come in with problems we give them a free bottle and say if it works come back and buy some, they return and buy a box of six.

Must work if a taxi driver shells out over 60 quid.

But bazz I agree you have to weigh up the odds. But you don't use a bottle every tankfull.

Toyota do a simular product for a simular price. when taxi drivers have come in with problems we give them a free bottle and say if it works come back and buy some, they return and buy a box of six.

Must work if a taxi driver shells out over 60 quid.

But bazz I agree you have to weigh up the odds. But you don't use a bottle every tankfull.

I think some are probably better than others; there is a range of products made by a US outfit called Jostice Brothers which stand out as having some more unusual and "impressive" ingredients but I think they are intended for professional use and are not well known in the UK. Of course, one function of some of these additives is getting cars through the MoT when they might otherwise have failed on emissions :o

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.