BG 44K

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just adding my name to the list of people that are convinced this works. Added can to last tank of fuel. Within 1/2 tank flat spots during acceleration had gone. Not noticed any increase in MPG but I've not been taking note really since the amount I get out of a tank varies wildly.

Have followed the recommended course of action and serviced after running a tank of fuel through. New Oil (Fuchs Pro-s) and sparks - car is like new. Perfectly clean acceleration through the full rev range. Will be getting some for my other 1/2s MX5 soon.

Has anybody used this stuff in a diesel? I have a diesel which smokes like a bitch, which i put down to injector and coked up egr/ inlet manifold. If this stuff is as good as people say it shall be interesting to find out.

Smoke under acceleration is quite usual for a Diesel, but this claims to work regardless. If your EGR is coked up, you should be able to clear that by finding a nice empty bit of private road and putting your foot down, through a few gears. You should find a huge black cloud behind you. I had to go this on my Avensis D-4D a few times through the 18 months I had it.

There is a specific variation for Diesel Engines, it is BG244 http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/3/bg-244--for-diesel-

Just bought some for the Freelander, but have not yet added it in, so cannot say if it is as good as BG44K.

Have added BG44k to my Gen 6 GT, only 100miles in, but feels very smooth under acceleration.

Isn't this just injector cleaner? Injector cleaner works. It's basically just giving your car a good service.

No, it's quite different. Yes, it cleans injectors but it also clears carbon deposits from plugs, pistons etc. This will tell you what and how:

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/news/bg-44k-for-petrol/30/

Which is what pretty much every injector cleaner does/claim to do.

This.

I'm pretty convinced nothing short of stripping an engine and physically cleaning it will get rid of carbon build up on car's that're knocking on 17 years old (gen 6 obviously) and according to various reports are buggers for getting very very dirty.

I'll try a can soon though, hope that I'm massively wrong...just think, like exhausts and intakes, it's all placebo

This.

I'm pretty convinced nothing short of stripping an engine and physically cleaning it will get rid of carbon build up on car's that're knocking on 17 years old (gen 6 obviously) and according to various reports are buggers for getting very very dirty.

I'll try a can soon though, hope that I'm massively wrong...just think, like exhausts and intakes, it's all placebo

Injector cleaners do help but nothing quite beats physically cleaning the injectors.

Exhaust tuning does help but it requires more than just putting on a back box to make it go loud. The main improvements would come from a better exhaust manifold and sport cat.

Intakes do help, as long as they actually suck in cold air. Most people who modify their intakes just put on a different filter and remove the box that was painstakingly designed by Toyota to maximise the cold air yield without impacting aerodynamically. Sucking hot air in from an engine bay will usually reduce performance unless significant amounts of cold air flow into the engine bay (e.g. at speed).

Of course, saying "it pulls better"/"it's smoother" is entirely placebo. You just spent what, £50 on a can of liquid? Surely you want it to feel better. To actually prove any performance improvements, I'd like to see some before and after dyno runs with different injector cleaners.

Or we could trust the "PowerEnhancer" marketing department. After all, they have our best interest at hear and surely would never lie nor make stuff up just to get our money, would they?

Well, perhaps someone can explain why my Gen 6 GT Vert has changed from averaging 320 - 340 miles from brimful to low-fuel light flickering (measured regularly over 8 months) to now doing anything from 360-370 miles from brimful to low-fuel light flickering during 7 fillups since I used BG44K. And it doesn't cost £50 per can, God knows where you got that figure, mine was just over £23/can. And I'm doing 500+ miles every week, so I think I am able to tell the difference in mpg.

Maybe you should try it and apply your own "objectivity" before telling those of us who rack up the mileage on a regular basis that we don't know what we're talking about.

Well, perhaps someone can explain why my Gen 6 GT Vert has changed from averaging 320 - 340 miles from brimful to low-fuel light flickering (measured regularly over 8 months) to now doing anything from 360-370 miles from brimful to low-fuel light flickering during 7 fillups since I used BG44K. And it doesn't cost £50 per can, God knows where you got that figure, mine was just over £23/can. And I'm doing 500+ miles every week, so I think I am able to tell the difference in mpg.

Maybe you should try it and apply your own "objectivity" before telling those of us who rack up the mileage on a regular basis that we don't know what we're talking about.

missed_the_point.jpg

http://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repairqa/engine/ques076_4.html

http://www.aa1car.com/library/2003/ic30336.htm

Edited by dublet

Dublet, I see what your saying and it does take away a stack of crap built up, the improvment after a can of this is something quite amazing, everything improved, also my max per tank was 361 and I pushed it to 450 miles a few weeks after adding, try it! Ill buy you one and if it works pay me back!

The easiest route is to clean the injectors in place because you do not have to remove the injectors (which can be a real chore on some import engines). Running cleaner through the injectors while the engine is running also removes many of the deposits on the valves and inside the combustion chambers. This eliminates the need for an extra cleaning step if the engine is full of carbon deposits. The job takes only 10 to 15 minutes, and you can usually tell right away if the treatment addressed the problem (engine runs smoother, idle misfire gone, etc.).

OK, so for those of us thick enough to have missed the point, perhaps you'd care to explain?

Oh, and while you're at it, you still haven't explained where you got the "£50 per can" thing.

Edited by Gen6GT

I post this in the interests of balance.

I have tried a can of this stuff in my '98 GT (110k miles).

Figures: The product cost £18.50. Increase in mpg was zero. Time to recoup cost - infinity and beyond...

Subjective: I have not noticed any changes. The car was running fine before, and it still is.

Conclusions: Don't believe the hype.

There seems to be an assumption that any engine over 10 years old must be full of crap and running like a dog. If your's is then it is probably worth running a cleaner like this through to maybe get an improvement, but the -GE engines are pretty clean fuel burners and not particularly prone to fouling up so if your engine is running sweet I wouldn't waste your money.

could easily put the extra mpg down to the warmer weather...cold winters make your car use more fuel...ipso factso!

But like I said, hope I'm wrong...if I try this stuff and a ploom of black shit comes out the exhaust...I'll consider it a success

I'm doing 500+ miles every week

Jesus...I'd hate to see your annual fuel bills :(

could easily put the extra mpg down to the warmer weather...cold winters make your car use more fuel...ipso factso!

But like I said, hope I'm wrong...if I try this stuff and a ploom of black shit comes out the exhaust...I'll consider it a success

Hardly likely to be weather-related, this is my third year of Gen 6 GT ownership, and my car is my only transport for business. As I am a freelance IT tech serving SME's in the Oxon/Berks/Bucks area my mileage is always high, but that's reflected in my hourly rate.

Need I say more than below, prior to this it was 360/361, give it a go.

IMG00770-20110416-0845.jpg

IMG00768-20110416-0844.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.