BG 44K

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich look at the link for the oil I posted!

It will all make sense

Using both their products together with do a much better job than a fuel additive will.

Mainly because it's actually working for more than one tank of fuel!

Just my thoughts on the matter for petrol cars

As I said before they can work well on oil burners where the injectors cost £30-70 a piece to refurb but when you can get the injectors refurbed for such low cost it makes sense.

Plus I can't see a fuel tank treatment working aswell as seafoam for example that goes in fuel tank, oil and vacuum system just from one bottle for around £18-£20

As I said triple action must be better than single

Edited by antmax7

Right, folks, the low-fuel light on my Gen 6 GT Vert UK model has just come on. Before using the 44K I never got better than 340 miles from Brimful to low-fuel light on. Mostly it's been between 320-340 miles from brimful to low-fuel light flickering on.

This time I filled my tank to the brim with BP 95 RON (as it's a UK model it runs fine on that and using the more expensive 97 RON give me no improvement.

Tank was filled last Friday, to the brim, after putting the can of 44K in. This afternoon the low-fuel light flickered on, which is where I usually take the mileage. The odometer was showing 364 miles, which is 24 miles more than I've ever seen before in over 3 years of running a Gen 6 GT. I'll keep monitoring it from next time I fill up, but I can only attribute the extra MPG to the 44K, nothing else has changed in the way I drive and the distances I drive each run.

The car seems smoother and torquier, too.

So at the current price of fuel I reckon I'm saving about £6 per tankful, maybe a bit more. So I'll recover the cost of the 44K, £23, in 4 tanksful, which is amazing.

As I said, I'm gonna keep on monitoring it, but definitely looking damned good. It will be interesting to see if others here get the same kind of result.

UPDATE:

Second tank just flickered on to the low-fuel light yesterday, 371 miles from brimful to low-fuel light on. That's even better than the first tankful, more so because with the weather we've had lately I've done a lot of running with the hood down, which adds quite a bit of drag at most speeds.

So:

Before 44K: 320-340 miles maximum from brimful to low-fuel light flickering

First tankful with 44K: 364 miles from brimful to low-fuel light flickering

Second tankful after 44K: 371 miles from brimful to low-fuel light flickering

Nothing about my driving style has changed, it has to be down to the 44K

And I'm convinced my engine is smoother and torquier than before I used 44K

I have to give it a resounding :thumbs:

£23 has so far given me an extra 55 miles, almost paid for itself already. I reckon this stuff really works :)

Kwik fit used to sell this stuff for £20 late last year, dunno whether they still do. Will enquire.

I'm told they will even put it in the tank for you (if you're daft enough to let them near your pride and joy....).

Whilst I certainly do not advocate letting them monkeys touch anything you posess they cannot, surely, balls up a can of sealed gunge :P

This is where it first came to light - I was down there as I know some of the Monkeys down there and can rent a lift off them if need be.

Cracking stuff.

Kwik fit used to sell this stuff for £20 late last year, dunno whether they still do. Will enquire.

I'm told they will even put it in the tank for you (if you're daft enough to let them near your pride and joy....).

Whilst I certainly do not advocate letting them monkeys touch anything you posess they cannot, surely, balls up a can of sealed gunge :P

Shall we all chip in and get you some, so many people giving good feed back and still people doubt a product, must do somthing?

Rich look at the link for the oil I posted!

It will all make sense

Using both their products together with do a much better job than a fuel additive will.

Mainly because it's actually working for more than one tank of fuel!

Just my thoughts on the matter for petrol cars

As I said before they can work well on oil burners where the injectors cost £30-70 a piece to refurb but when you can get the injectors refurbed for such low cost it makes sense.

Plus I can't see a fuel tank treatment working aswell as deadpan for example that goes in fuel tank, oil and vacuum system just from one bottle for around £18-£20

As I said triple action must be better than single

right, first long drive today since putting it in on sunday.

i wanted to avoid making statements that couldnt be proven and could be a placebo, but OMG, acceletation so much more instantaneous and smoother, just generally FEELS better.

refill on sunday so will see what mpg comes out at!!!

There's usually some benfit from these sort of things - the place I use to do my servicing usually chuck a can of Forte injection cleaner in as part of the service and you can always tell the difference shortly after.

Sounds good ... I'd be interested in putting a shit load more money into the celica ... the wife will be pleased :)

Get a GB sorted and I'm in :)

:thumbs:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Hey this stuff really works!

Just took a plug out and the top of the piston is like brand new metal and I can see 20 or 26 imprinted on.

Wow!

Terrible picture, but it's quite hard take a good one :)

img20110408003.jpg

Edited by joe588

All you people that doubted me to started with, shame on you for doubting the Bigstring and thinking his head was filled with crap...... well done people for having trust, take the next 2 days off. B)

Right then, time for my mid test results

As i don't fill my tank up to the brim, i split the can of 44K and put half the can into about 30 litres of fuel, and up until now i have been getting around 140-145 miles to 30 litres

So about 21.5 MPG

Now after running half of the 44K through the first 30 litres i got 160 miles

So about 24 MPG

So an improvement of about 10% on the first half tank, if i get anywhere near that on the second tank then i will be well impressed biggrin.gif

Well I would... but I have a high milage engine and they recommend anything over 50k, you have to pull the sump and clean it out before you start it. Reason being it'll drag sludge in there which could get sucked back into the oilpump and block it.

Think that's where all the bad press about oil flush comes from, though I can't see it being a problem if you clean the sump out!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.