BG 44K

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a bottle on Saturday, it was despatched today so we'll see what happens. My Vert is due for MOT next month, the stuff might well improve the emissions.

What were your findings sir? Order here -

What were your findings sir? Order here -

Well, I put it into the tank at the filling station yesterday and filled the tank completely with BP 95. Done 80 miles so far, the petrol gauge doesn't seem to have moved as far as it normally does but will wait it out. The engine seems smoother and torquier, but again that might be my imagination. I'mm gonna run to the low-fuel light comes on and see what sort of mileage I'm getting - normally around 320-340 so time will tell. I paid £23 from www.powerenhancer.co.uk for mine.

Wow Wee!!!!!!! How big is the tank on a ST205?

£68 is all I can fit in mine, and thats Vpower most of the time!

Got my order today, bunged it in on empty at the petrol station and went to fill up to the brim.

chickened out at 78 quid, it just didn't slow down :( will this still be alright?

Feeling anything?

Just put mine in will wait and see what tomorrow brings

Quite a relaxed drive over this morning to be honest too much traffic, although got the revs up high at one point and felt a bit smoother

Going to go for a blatt on the A30 on the way home to see whats what :)

Real test will be once I've drained the tank in about 10 days time

I'm very sceptical about these additives which say that they do this & they do that. Quite a few years ago we did a test, on the Slick 50 that was meant to make your engine internals smoother & more wear resistant. We did measurements on the engine components before the engine was built, then did the test and stripped the engine to re-measure. Did the same to an engine which didn't have the Slick 50 added to do a back to back comparison. The result was that there was no difference to performance or engine wear.

I will have a chat with some of the engine test & development guys at work tomorrow to see what their thoughts are, IF[/] these products were that good, wouldn't the car manufacturers be clambering on the band waggon to promote it in their products ?

Also, alot of this it psychologica. You think you've put something in your engine that'll up the performance or fuel economy,99 times out of 100 it'll do nothing to it.

IMHO it's all mind games, and marketing.

I'm very sceptical about these additives which say that they do this & they do that. Quite a few years ago we did a test, on the Slick 50 that was meant to make your engine internals smoother & more wear resistant. We did measurements on the engine components before the engine was built, then did the test and stripped the engine to re-measure. Did the same to an engine which didn't have the Slick 50 added to do a back to back comparison. The result was that there was no difference to performance or engine wear.

I will have a chat with some of the engine test & development guys at work tomorrow to see what their thoughts are, IF[/] these products were that good, wouldn't the car manufacturers be clambering on the band waggon to promote it in their products ?

Also, alot of this it psychologica. You think you've put something in your engine that'll up the performance or fuel economy,99 times out of 100 it'll do nothing to it.

As the other guy said, time will tell. At the moment it's looking good, I've never got past 340 miles from brimful to low-fuel light coming on with either of my Gen 6 GT's, at the moment my first tankful with 44K in it is almost at an end, and my mileometer is showing 352 miles with the needle just under the quarter mark and the light isn't on yet. And I haven't been hanging about, either, done several stints at highly illegal speeds and also blatted through the gearbox almost redlining at every change many times ('cos I love to drive it like that).

It may be my imagination, probably is, but the engine does seem to be torquier, too.

They say that this is included in most services in the US of A, and not taken off over here yet?

Merc and BMW garges are useing it.... have a read up.

Wow Wee!!!!!!! How big is the tank on a ST205?

£68 is all I can fit in mine, and thats Vpower most of the time!

Feeling anything?

65 litres I think! well that's what the st185 tank is.

I dunno if i can tell anything. Car feels slower, probably cos I have a full tank of fuel for once. Seems to smell a bit when parked up, hopefully that's all the crap being burnt away!

Boost seems to rise a little easier and progressive though? Could be cleaning crap from the wastegate or something :)

Right, folks, the low-fuel light on my Gen 6 GT Vert UK model has just come on. Before using the 44K I never got better than 340 miles from Brimful to low-fuel light on. Mostly it's been between 320-340 miles from brimful to low-fuel light flickering on.

This time I filled my tank to the brim with BP 95 RON (as it's a UK model it runs fine on that and using the more expensive 97 RON give me no improvement.

Tank was filled last Friday, to the brim, after putting the can of 44K in. This afternoon the low-fuel light flickered on, which is where I usually take the mileage. The odometer was showing 364 miles, which is 24 miles more than I've ever seen before in over 3 years of running a Gen 6 GT. I'll keep monitoring it from next time I fill up, but I can only attribute the extra MPG to the 44K, nothing else has changed in the way I drive and the distances I drive each run.

The car seems smoother and torquier, too.

So at the current price of fuel I reckon I'm saving about £6 per tankful, maybe a bit more. So I'll recover the cost of the 44K, £23, in 4 tanksful, which is amazing.

As I said, I'm gonna keep on monitoring it, but definitely looking damned good. It will be interesting to see if others here get the same kind of result.

Edited by Gen6GT

• 2 weeks later...

put my can in today. but only did a few mile so didnt notice anything, but i wouldnt trust anything i noticed anyway as it can be placebotic. because i expect it to have an effect i might feel it when its not there.

anyway as a mathematician, i like proof and so the only proof of whether it is any good and if it is going to be cost effective is if it improves my mpg.

so, brimmed it last week, empty today, brimmed it today and added bg44k and will repeat and will brim it again when empty. i will therefore be able to work out a BEFORE bg44k mpg, WITH bg44k mpg, and AFTER bg44k mpg. i dont usually brim, but i will do it at least a month to check whether the results last over a long term or whether the engine gets clogged up again, and i can work out at what time frame it becomes necessary to use again. i will then estimate how much money i have saved in that time and see if it was worthwhile to have spent 20quid on the stuff!

anyway, enough waffle

BEFORE BG44K MPG = 29.6

you do all realise that V-Power has cleaning agents in the fuel??????????

hence manufacturers recommending it for there cars.

i have used both seafoam and forte on my van and seafoam really does shift a lot of crap!

prob be more beneficial to send your injectors off to have new seals and nozzles company's that do it on the bay for between £7-£12

oh and if you are running that cheap chip fat oil asda have been selling off them it will just coke up all your internals anyway!

Fuels may have some cleaning agent in them, but no where near the amount that this stuff contains

Taken from here

http://www.powerenha...-for-petrol/30/

Similarly, don't confuse BG 44K® with "magic" additives that claim increased horsepower or wildly improved fuel economy. What BG 44K® actually does is restore the performance of your engine back to when it was new. Lost performance and degraded fuel economy will be restored and your vehicle will perform as it did when it left the factory.What makes BG 44K® so effective? A main contributory factor is a state of the art, patent protected polyether-amine chemistry – one that isn't available in any other cleaner. As proven by the Engine Manufacturers Association (www.enginemanufacturers.org) and the World Wide Fuel Charter (WWFC), PEA as it is commonly known, is the only recognised and approved chemical compound for removing hard baked carbon deposits.

So how does this make BG 44K® significantly more effective than other cleaners or fuel alone? Well, the amine family of chemicals contain nitrogen so by simply carrying out a titration test to measure the levels of nitrogen one can determine the amount of PEA chemistry and hence the effectiveness of the product.

bg2.JPG

Simon, i'll be keeping a close eye on your results

rich they all claim they are better than each other you could get all you injectors refurbed for the price of one bottle!

no brainer in my eyes even if you get a set off biggy get them refurbed fit them to yours then get yours refurbed and sell them on :thumbs:

oh and v-power coupled with this:-

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/products_services/on_the_road/oils_lubricants/shell_helix_tpkg/product_range_new/helix_ultra_extra/

will do a much better job in the long run and a damn site cheaper!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.