Traffic light switch off at night

funspak

Not sure the benefits of saving time and a few £ would be worth it. Theres some numpty drivers out there that will get confused or go through without looking - makes it best to stick to the no brainer system in place already.

its a great idea imo

round here there are a million and one lights on islands , id these were turned off at night then life would be so much nicer , oddly whenever the lights fail the trffic queus drop from a couple of mile long to almost nothing at all , does make me wonder

they do something like this in the US in some less densely populated areas.

The traffic lights switch to just an amber flashing light or just a red flashing light (if i recall).

Amber flashing means proceed with caution, red flashing means stop and then proceed with caution.

great idea.

they do something like this in the US in some less densely populated areas.

Of course in this country it will result in complete chaos as the "general population" won't be able to cope with not being told what to do and when to do it...

Agreed.. this country seems more 'densely' populated than others if you know what I mean :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.