Little challenge for the Midlands people

As you may or may not have figured from my username, I love taking pictures of all kinds of subjects, but I'm gonna stick to cars for purpose of this thread.

Basically as I dont have a good knowledge of the Midlands area as a whole I would like people to post up locations, with the postcode and maybe even an example picture of places which would make a good backdrop to photograph a car. Then once we have ourselves a bit of a list, I think it would be good to set some dates up for arranging some proper photoshoots.

So, if you think you can help, post up those locations.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a good idea. I don't really know any places, but have seen a few shoots of cars done at magna in sheffield/rotherham. Old steel works turned into a bit of a museum type place.

Well the chase kinda gets boring, Lichfield Cathedral is on the to do list lol, chasewater, its not much of a backdrop and theres always too many cars around, I have thought about the Rugeley powerstation before but again where can you park the cars to get some good shots?

I'm trying to get some ideas of places a little further our from us Sawyer, but keep em coming.

Hi Canon4pics - Happy New Year

Funny you should mention those locations......

Lichfield/Stafford/Cosford

Shropshire

Didn't get 'out & about' as much as I would have liked last year

(Scenic locations are few & far between in the Midlands)

Will hopefully do more miles in 2011

Edited by Felfy

Don't know how I have not seen those threads before, you got some good pics there mate.

Didnt realise you were so close actually.

I agree about the scenic comment though, but what about some good industrial places, or abandoned warehouses, anybody know of any?

Maybe a little out your way but Rutland water LE15 8PX throws up plenty of opportunities; we are actually classes as east midland. Just an idea, Dorris

Edited by Dorris

The problem with using google street view is if you dont know where you want to look, you wont find what you want.

So to get things going I've started a list view of places mentioned so far

lichfield cathedral WS13 7LD

Rugeley Powerstation WS15 1PR

Belper Mill DE56 1YD

Rutland water LE15 8PX

Magna museum S60 1DX

Carsington Water DE6 1ST (misses just told me about this place)

Keep the ideas coming.

Edited by Canon4pics

Felfy That pic of you under the tyre and bin lorry is right down the road from my perents. lol i see it like every other day never realised a bin lorry could look so beautifull lol. nice pics tho

Edited by dazzla_c_red

Add me in aswell. Im always trying to get out and about and get more pictures of my car.. And booth ive been up beconside a few times to take some photos, nice backdrop at night with all the blue and green lights. Parked up under the canon when all the blue spot lights are on makes an awesome picture. hmmmm might go up there tonight and take a few with it doesnt snow again lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.