Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
mckezik

..could we make a CELICA VIDEO like this...?

Question

...could we make a CELICA video like this? As in this as a base but we can improve on the boring parts...

I really like the first 2-3mins, then the vw skit is a laugh, also colour change at 4.15

I also like the slow scene with the background music at 5.04

Edited by mckezik

27 answers to this question

Sweet baby jeebus, why would you want to make anything that bloody boring?! :unsure: 8mins of swerving in and out Toyota Soarers. It could have been OK if it were 2mins long! You'd need to get some really nice show cars together for it.

I can't speak for others, but personaly I can't afford to drive to California.

Seriously tho I thought it was a bit boring, was expecting something special after seeing the start and the quality of production.

I can't speak for others, but personaly I can't afford to drive to California.

Seriously tho I thought it was a bit boring, was expecting something special after seeing the start and the quality of production.

I thought the first 2mins was good... and then it went down hill :(:hysterical:

but we can do better in our video...this was just a base of what sorta scenes we could do.... :)

we should have a bad ass club video though... :unsure:

Did you also get the feeling that they were trying really hard to be good tho. Apart from the odd undertake manuver it was all very slow and calm. Kept showing the speedo, coulnt see exactly what it was reading but I'm sure it was under the limit.

We would need one of these private roads everyone seems to drive on! Lol

Yeah, might be cool. There are enough nice cars in the club to pull it off.

Sort it out then SJ :unsure:

but what about my car :(

would be cool to do it all GEN 7 GT's and then have the supercharged GEN 7's speeding about :unsure:

umm sure chris we can stick a gen 6 somwhere :(

is it me or do the soarers look really boring. they are not good looking cars. plus whats the poiint of the video is it meant to be a chase? good guys and bad guys? if so none of it makes sense?

is it me or do the soarers look really boring. they are not good looking cars. plus whats the poiint of the video is it meant to be a chase? good guys and bad guys? if so none of it makes sense?

I think its just a video to show how preety they are :unsure::(

would be cool to do it all GEN 7 GT's and then have the supercharged GEN 7's speeding about :unsure:

umm sure chris we can stick a gen 6 somwhere :(

Sure, chris can play the nerd in the Bora/Gen6 that loses at the lights

:hysterical: j/k

i actually now like the look of the Soarer from the video and am thinking about one for my next car which i now want sooner, a 1996+ Gen 3 JZZ30 Soarer powered by the single turbo 1JZ-GTE VVTi, mmmmmmmm!

Edited by Tom GT

i actually now like the look of the Soarer from the video and am thinking about one for my next car which i now want sooner, a 1996+ Gen 3 JZZ30 Soarer powered by the single turbo 1JZ-GTE VVTi, mmmmmmmm!

:unsure: thats it get the firing squad :(:hysterical: PLUS THE 4LTR V8 SOUNDS AND DRIVES BETTER

Edited by BigTazScotland

Sure, chris can play the nerd in the Bora/Gen6 that loses at the lights

:unsure: j/k

ooooh...thats a bit strong! :hysterical::(

plus ud never get me to drive an auto

Edited by crewcutchuck

Personally i much prefer this sort of thing

http://www.vimeo.com/5576376

http://www.vimeo.com/5376692

and if there's enough interest when we do our Nurburgring trip i might write to the guy and see how much he charges to do something like this, but longer and cooler

http://www.vimeo.com/6408217

Edited by Giler

The prodution standards are not quite up there with those vids. But this is still a pretty cool Celica vid, from a meet a few of us went to a couple of years back.

i can volenteer my white gen 7 as the white one in the vid :unsure: but il leave the fancy overtaking to the superchargered ones who wil go alot faster than my vvtli lol

and when is the nurburgring trip cos if i can id love to tag along :(

Edited by taylorad89

Two minutes of credits at the end? No thanks!

Pretty dull video, all things considered, and could have easily been edited in half. And like crewcutchuck says, showing the speedo several times well under the limit was quite funny! :unsure:

Something tells me that a CCUK vid would be a touch more anarchic and fun. A montage of bits from everyone would be nice. I have some half decent stuff lying about in DV format that could be used, for a start (as seen on my Youtube clips, mostly).

Angus

Sign in to follow this