Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan Clogwyn

What Have You Done To Your Car Today?

Question

An idea that proved very popular on the AOC. Quite Simply tell us what you did to your car today. I'll go first:

Today I Debadged the tailgate, Cleaned and Polished everything, then popped the rear wheels off to have a gander at the brakes, and finally adjusted the handbrake. It gets better with every polish!

279 answers to this question

connected the final 2 wires of the climate control, put the dash back together and put some more air in my front tyre as it leaks.

An idea that proved very popular on the AOC. Quite Simply tell us what you did to your car today. I'll go first:

Today I Debadged the tailgate, Cleaned and Polished everything, then popped the rear wheels off to have a gander at the brakes, and finally adjusted the handbrake. It gets better with every polish!

Left it parked in the garage & went to work :lol:

Got up looked out of bedroom window to make sure it was still there,went to make sure the silly cow next door haddent scraped it when she went to work(she haddnt :lol: ) and then went to work and it was still there when i got home,,happy days

Admired how good the gen 7 looks when it is dropped as low as you can get it on Tein Superstreets, so low I cant get a jack under it... then after work I washed the car, applied rain x to the back window and then removed the rear wiper...then I adjusted the damping a bit to try and make the ride a bit less harsh!

I'm happy with that for a monday!

Seeing as it is a nice night, I finished installing my BMW trumpet horns after work, so much better than the standard Toyota noddy horns. Also took a wheel off to pop a centre cap out to check the code to order two new ones. Good news, brand new Genuine OZ centre caps are still available....£15 each though....

got up for work at 0330...then nailed it all the way to work.....fookin fantastic at that time of mornibg as all the plod are in station for the handover....and no cars on road

Thorough washing, drying, hoovering inside, dusting.

Reversed into my side of the garage.

Changed over my sidelight LEDs to normal ones to pass MOT next month.

Left service booklet and letter to Mr. T for when he collects her to explain all the jobs he has to do in September.

40,000 mile service, MOT, check over for guarantee work, fit whiteline uprated ARBs, Hel braided brake hoses.

Then finally patted her, kissed her goodbye as we are going to be apart for 3 months. I'm off to South Korea.

Next time when I'm home I'm going to rigg up a webcam so I can keep a watch from afar.

i looked at it as i went to work, and looked at it again when i got home from work (not often do i do mods in the week unless i have free time)

moved it out to the street so i could get the van out the drive, then i moved it back up the drive where it will stay there till fri when Jan takes it to her work, it's so not loved anymore lol

Edited by Kevstir

Over took too many highway gravel lorries on country roads on the way to work, went out at lunch at spent £40 on clean bits. Spent 3 hours cleaning her this evening to disscover the muppets at the service have over filled the oil by about 6mm on the dip :@

Somones going to be getting an agnry customer tommorow!

Over took too many highway gravel lorries on country roads on the way to work, went out at lunch at spent £40 on clean bits. Spent 3 hours cleaning her this evening to disscover the muppets at the service have over filled the oil by about 6mm on the dip :@

Somones going to be getting an agnry customer tommorow!

bit OT and probably very much a common sense thing, but you did take a reading with the car off and cleaned the stick, re dipped then looked before finding out its 6mm over?

bit OT and probably very much a common sense thing, but you did take a reading with the car off and cleaned the stick, re dipped then looked before finding out its 6mm over?

Yes buddy, I even moved it and left it an hour on flatter ground before rechecking after praying that i had cocked up some thing previously!

I also found out today that tarmac remover works amazingly well on tree sap :lol:

Edited by chrisshortys

Yes buddy, I even moved it and left it an hour on flatter ground before rechecking after praying that i had cocked up some thing previously!

I also found out today that tarmac remover works amazingly well on tree sap :lol:

:lol: thought id ask as iv even known mechanics checking the oil level when the car is running :D

and that tarmac remover is designed for things like that, we used to use tarmac remover when i was a valeter

Sign in to follow this