Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Q

CCUK's Official 2009 Toyota Sprint Series Thread

Question

Here is the provisional Table for 2009, no champ points up yet but based on fastest times:

rockinghamnopoints.jpg

As ever, if anyone spots any mistakes let me know.

********************************************************************************

Welcome to the new 2009 Toyota Sprint Series thread.

At the moment this is just open to discuss anything to do with 2009 championship, as the season starts I will produce a 2009 CCUK championship standings table too. I will just provide an entry list on the initial post for the time being.

The championship dates are as follows:

Round 1, Rockingham Speedway, Northamptonshire, 29/03/09

Round 2, Barkston Heath, Lincolnshire, 03/05/09

Round 3, Waterbeach, Cambridgeshire, 14/06/09

Round 4, Teesside, County Durham, 04/07/09

Round 5, Woodbridge, Suffolk, 08/08/09

Round 6, Barkston Heath, Lincolnshire, 24/10/09

Entries so far from the club are:

1. Dan_Q, Celica Gen 5 ST182, Class C

2. Alwayzsidewayz, Celica Gen 4 ST165, Class A2

3. soulja_raj, Celica Gen 6 ST AT200, Class C

4. Mabbs, Gen7 Supercharged, Class A2

5. werewolf, Celica Gen 6 ST AT200, Class C

6. Craig87, Gen 5 ST182 V6, Class C

7. Gravel, Gen7 Supercharged, Class A2

So, whats the plan for this season folks- any changes / mods / ideas for 2009?

I will be entering every event that my car and wallet will let me, and if something bad should happen to the car I'll just have to spectate, but there you go I'm giving it a try :angry:

My car will be exactly the same as last year, only mod i plan during the year is either new rear tyres on my 17's or drop down to 15" wheels with brand new rubber all around. I seriously think the concrete kumho's that have been on the back of my celi for 5 1/2 years are not really doin me any favours!

Edited by Dan_Q

401 answers to this question

You can add me to the list

1. Dan_Q Celica ST182

2. Alwayzsidewayz Celica ST165

Lots of small detail improvements for my car, last year saw lots ( too much !!) money spent on big mods, this year its all about refining the car.

Engine wise, Some detail improvements to the inter cooler pipes route and better air management should see intake temps drop, so we can run 1.2bar and get closer to 300bhp. I will be keeping an eye on inlets temps and other engine parameters by finally fitting the gauges I have had for over 2 years!

General service, sorting of the slight exhaust leak, and that's it touch wood.

Brakes, I will be upgrading the rear disc size, and looking at changing front pads, plus fitting a further re con master cylinder to try to over come the brake probs from last year. lus fitting a brake stopper.

Chassis, I will be interested to see what the new stiffer front ARB does for my handling, possibility of a swap to lower springs, if I can get the rear arches rolled to clear the Toyos. Bit of lighting of the rear trim and moving of the screen wash bottle to the boot.

Body work wise, the car should also feature a new front splitter, and further ducting for the cold air box.

Wheels are the same as last time, I have barely scrubbed the toyos in.

I know there are a few new faces for 09, as I see a couple of Gen 7s on the list, so tell us the plans etc

1. Dan_Q Celica ST182

3. soulja_raj Celica AT200

Changes so far are the front + rear whiteline arb's and camber bolts.

The main change will be the engine fingers crossed it will be ready for the first round. Hopefully during the year i will upgrade suspension to coilovers and the engine management, i have been wanting to go MoTeC but i will have to wait and see if i will be able to cough up the large sum for it.

Maybe during the year i will produce and fit the aero parts i have been thinking of.

Sorry if this seems in the wrong place but i couldnt think of better people to get an opinion from!!

I was considering buying a cage, its going to cost me approx £450 and thats without fitting. Im thinking that a rear arb, proper wheel alignment with camber bolts and polybush kit will come in at slightly less than this and be of more advantage to me in the tss this season?

What would you guys go for..... the cage or the other bits?

I will be patching up my sunroof anyway as part of its diet lol!!

i would go for the suspension setup. This would give you a lot more than just bolting in a cage. A cage is beneficial due to giving the car a hell of lot more structural stiffness, this can be added later when you are able to afford it, this is what i am doing.

HTH

thanks for that mate. Are you still aloud to strip the rear and the roof lining and carpet if you dont have a cage?

Ill be keeping the door cards and dash but wasnt too sure on the rules with stripping all the rear out like benches, plastics etc!

I can always seam weld the vital parts to add a bit more rigidity for the time being.

yes you can strip all the things you have said coz i have :angry: I have gone a little further as well by removing all the carpet, and most of the sound deadening, glove box. I left the roof lining in as i don't have anywhere to keep it safe enough and clean.

ill be taking out the carpet and roof lining soon as im getting the sunroof welded up (lots of weight there!). Its going to be fun cleaning out all that sound deadening!

Thanks for the info raj nice one, hows your engine coming along?

cool mate sounds good.

How are you finding the uprated arbs and the camber bolts?? Im wondering whether tog et front and rear arb or just the rear atm, im going to need camber bolts but i reckon when i get the car laser aligned the place will have camber bolts there to adjust as the gen 5 dont have no camber adjustment, where did you get your camber bolts?

Ill add my name to the list :lol:

1. Dan_Q Celica ST182

4. Mabbs Gen7 Supercharged

After keeping my eye on the series last year i started to prepair the car ready for TSS 09.

Engine: VVTLI 190, Stage 2 MWR head, Stage 2 Piper Cams, New off the shelf Short block, Apexi Powe FC, Injen CAI, Greddy SuperCharger, BOE upgraded Brackets, C-one engine damper, Poly Bushed engine and gearbox mounts, MWR oil cooler, AEM bigger Alternater pulley, Alu Rad, Fidanza Lightweight flywheel, ACT HD clutch, TRD Quick shift, 2.5" 1 piece custom Powerflow exhaust to 4" Can

The engine has been Tuned and setup by Weston Performance to 260.7BHP, I also have a 3.1 Pulley for the supercharger to up the Boost a bit, but i think ill see how she go's at the first round befor putting it on :lol:

Chassis: Tein shocks and springs all round, Poly bushed bottom front wishbones, Anti lift kit, Hotchkis Competition sway bars, Rear Roll Centre adjuster kit, Whiteline Front Strut Tower Brace, Camber adjusting kit

Still got to get a rear strut brace and front and rear lower arm brace

Body: Webersports body kit, Carbon Bonnet, Aero Bonnet catch's, Carbon TRD wing

Brakes: STD VVTLI calipers, Grooved and cross drilled Black Diamond disc's with Predator pads all round, Stainless Braided Hoses

Thinking of going to EBC pads later tho

Wheels: Ace 18" 7.5J, Yoko Parardas 225/45 all round

Hopeing to go Advan Racing RGII 18" Front 8J and rear 8.5J with Toyo's later in the year

The car is currently off the road and all 4 cornors will be off for a check over and a clean up, re bleed brakes and change oil's ready for March, i hope to go testing befor the first round, looking at doing a track day to get the car setup :blush:

No secrets being hidden here :angry: Not got any plans to improve on the car this year, just hopeing to run in the series and have some fun and look forward to meeting up with every1

Edited by Mabbs

1. Dan_Q Celica ST182

5. werewolf AT200

I'll be there to play again. This years mods will be errrr nothing over last year.

My main objective is to avoid killing my car. Wish me luck :)

well ive put my deposit in today so hopefully Bazza will get back to me to say he has received the dosh.

1. Dan_Q Celica ST182

5. werewolf AT200

6. Craig87 ST182

Mods so far........

Engine: 1mzfe v6 conversion, lightened flywheel, p + p head, custom y pipe, ehxaust system with decat.

Chassis: Weitec springs and dampers all round, custom rear strut brace. Wheels are 17s with 215/40 tyres.

Brakes: EBC grooved disks, Yellow stuff pads, HEL brake lines

Things im planning to do hopefully before round 1 are: strip more of the interior, plate up the sunroof, fit uprated rear arb, fit polybush kit, laser wheel alignment including camber adjustment.

Im looking forward to meeting you guys and having a laugh and hopefully not crashing lol!

Edited by craig87

Great stuff folks :D

I'll be there to play again. This years mods will be errrr nothing over last year.

My main objective is to avoid killing my car. Wish me luck ;)

why does that sound oh so familiar? I'm with you there buddy, lets see how it goes :D

have all you guys booked hotels??

The first event is only a 2 hour drive from me which i dont mind but what time does everyone normally start arriving? Would you guys drive the 2 hours and get there a bit early to give the car a break or would you stay overnight?

Guys as some of you have done this last season can you pass your wisdom on to the novices?? Im trying to get a list together which includes all of the things you should take with you and ive come up with the following:

Helmet

Gloves (optional but probably wise)

Food and Water

Jerry can with some petrol

Oil

Water

Driving License

MOT cert

Log book and insurance? (werent too sure whether you need these?)

Small set of tools (probably just spanners, screw driver, wrench etc for removing wheels and tubes the like)

Waterproofs

Can anyone add anything else that they thought came in handy last year??

Also when you empty your cars where do you put all your stuff? is there lockers?

Help im flapping lol...........

Helmet Yes- but you can hire one for a tenner, which I had to do once last year, as I left mine at home

Gloves (optional but probably wise) Optional, but most drivers do use them. I do and I think they're great, not too expensive either

Food and Water The catering last year was very good, so not 100% needed. Don't drink too much, as the nerves will have you going to the loo every 30mins

Jerry can with some petrol I experimented with this last year. You can't run too low on fuel on a standard fuel tank anyway, as the fuel can cut off during long fast bends, very annoying. Up to you, but I'd just turn up with 1/2 tank, which should be enough for most events.

Oil Definatly, espescially if you have a 7A-FE

Water If you have a coolant leak, re-filling it probably won't help for long. Call the AA

Driving License Yes

MOT cert Yes

Log book and insurance? (werent too sure whether you need these?) No

Small set of tools (probably just spanners, screw driver, wrench etc for removing wheels and tubes the like)Yes

WaterproofsProbably sensible, but I just brough an umbrella, which mainly got used to cover the poor guys in the T-bar MR2s

Other stuff which I discovered was very handy

Trolley jack- if you intend to change wheels

Foot pump- to alter tyre pressures

Pressure gauge- for the same reason as above.

Race suit- This is not a must, but it's a safety thing, plus it means you look the part :rolleyes:

The only things you must remember, on pain of death, are the DRIVING LICENCE AND MOT. If you don't have these you are stuffed.

If you forget any of the other stuff you will get by, we're a friendly bunch, and everyone helps each other out. So most importantly 'Don't Panic' as they'd say in the Hitchhickers guide to the TSS :lol:

thats brill thanks mate!

Driving license does it have to be both parts?

Anyone else can add parts where they like it all helps!

Werewolf how much are we talking for a descent tyre pressure gauge and pump?

Sign in to follow this