Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
phunky_nick

.. Too Emotional..

Question

I've done it -

Traded in my Celica for a new motor..

she's gone - and in retrospect I should have done a comprehensive De-mod, but in the end i just wanted shut.

I wouldn't have been able to use the bits, or sell them for much - so I used them to get the best for my car in P/X..

(which really wasn't much)

so if you're in the North West, Rochdale area, and see a Lagoon Blue G7 with Awesome wheels and a Naked CarbonFibre GT wing, that'd be my baby, prancing free..

and wheezing occasionally.

I have a couple of bits left over that some poor soul might be able to use - and they'll soon go into the Selling/buying place.

;) - so thankyou for the last 3 years, those who i conversed with, and received advice from..!

I'll probably maintain my membership, as it's a great club - and worthy of support!

Nick.

24 answers to this question

I traded it in for a Nissan 350z GT - I'd been on the hunt for one since last 'summer', when the celica dealt me a couple of expensive low-blows.

I didn't enjoy driving it nearly as much as I used to - so I began looking around..

.. MYK - .. ;) nothing exciting: Old wheels, old springs, and an old cargo net for the boot..

Nick.

;)

Everyone upgrades to a 350z (if it is a upgrade :lol: ) lol

Must say though, if i was to trade ma gen 7 in for anything it'd be for a 350z. Gorgeous looking cars! Good choice! :D

Good luck with the 350z - powerful machine that but hungry! :lol:

mines going next month, but im still buying things for it ;)

Eh? What you getting?

*gives a celica-club hug*

Mine is going on Saturday...hope the pain aint too bad ;)

admitedly, it was worse for my mother - she's always loved the celica,

I'd come to think of it as something of a sick relative.. so the parting wasn't as painful.

still sad though.

here's the new beast..

post-5464-1232572875_thumb.jpg

admitedly, it was worse for my mother - she's always loved the celica,

I'd come to think of it as something of a sick relative.. so the parting wasn't as painful.

still sad though.

here's the new beast..

Nice, I like the brakes. Are they brembo's yeah?

Nice, I like the brakes. Are they brembo's yeah?

;) Indeed they are Brembos,

I'll have to find a good, well-priced source for replacement pads :lol: - .. lol

Not that I'm caning it, of course.. (in truth, the car still scares me )

Nick.

:D Indeed they are Brembos,

I'll have to find a good, well-priced source for replacement pads :D - .. lol

Not that I'm caning it, of course.. (in truth, the car still scares me )

Nick.

;)

I've got brembo's on my new STI and was thinking the same about pads! - Not got a clue how much they will be but I will worry about that when it comes to it! I'm like you - I got scared on the test drive though but im sure I will tame the beast :lol:

I've done it -

Traded in my Celica for a new motor..

she's gone - and in retrospect I should have done a comprehensive De-mod, but in the end i just wanted shut.

I wouldn't have been able to use the bits, or sell them for much - so I used them to get the best for my car in P/X..

(which really wasn't much)

so if you're in the North West, Rochdale area, and see a Lagoon Blue G7 with Awesome wheels and a Naked CarbonFibre GT wing, that'd be my baby, prancing free..

and wheezing occasionally.

I have a couple of bits left over that some poor soul might be able to use - and they'll soon go into the Selling/buying place.

;) - so thankyou for the last 3 years, those who i conversed with, and received advice from..!

I'll probably maintain my membership, as it's a great club - and worthy of support!

Nick.

Best of luck wit the new motor

Shame you parted with the Celica, but it means that someone new is going to be joining the fray soon, getting the chance to drive one of the nicest FWD cars out there ;) and you've got to be happy with the new car :lol: it's sweet as a nut!

Sad to hear you've sold it, but great you're staying around! It does seem to be the natural progression, Celica to a 350. Strange isn't it? The extra power is tempting, but i really don't like the look of them. I think the only car i would want more than my Gen7 is an R8, but i doubt i'll ever have enough to afford one so no real temptation there :)

Congrats on the new motor..... i was looking at a 350z end of last year.... nice cars, and its nice to have a car with some proper torque!

I may still end up getting one in summer so may see you on 350z-uk in the near future (if your on that!)

the Z lokos really nice mate ;) I was originally gonna get GM grey but have decided that im gonna for black instead! is that the altezan interior? (thats probably ot how you spell it lol)

Congrats on the new motor..... i was looking at a 350z end of last year.... nice cars, and its nice to have a car with some proper torque!

I may still end up getting one in summer so may see you on 350z-uk in the near future (if your on that!)

DO IT!!! that way we can continue our random 2 hour conversations on my drive way :lol:

Plus for sub 15k you can get a pretty imense car!

DO IT!!! that way we can continue our random 2 hour conversations on my drive way ;)

Plus for sub 15k you can get a pretty imense car!

The only thing which puts me off is the 24mpg!

I was also think of getting an Ebizu black... GT 300, but I will wait till the 370z is out.. as i may just end up going crazy and getting one of those!

Sign in to follow this