Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest silentmelons

Changing car n e thoughts

Question

Guest silentmelons

My motor has cost me a fortune recently you have probably heard me moaning and complaining in the G6 forum, n e way i am thinking of getting a 99 integra type r i was just wondering if n e one has one has had one or knows anyone with one. The yanks rate them fairly highly but no one really has them over here. I do love my ST dont get me wrong but it is too slow and dated thoughts and ideas welcomed

12 answers to this question

Guest CvPiper

we looked at a 2001 teg type r last year before buying the 2.0 facelift gen 6. its a nice car, but fairly basic, it does fly when driven right, and yes it has proven honda reliability, but i couldn't live with one :lol:

The Integra is a smart looking car and you get the usual Honda reliability/build quality.

The SR could do with being a bit quicker, but dated? - if you mean it doesn't look like a Ford Focus or any of the other hideous new designs around at the moment then yes it probably is..

I think the old teg looks are starting to look dated. If you really want one try importing the new one if you don't mind having a Jap import.

I suggest you find a teg club to get more info though. Otherwise, buy a 190 :wink:

Guest Ben77

Actually, a 99 Teg is still quite stylish IMO. In terms of reliability and performance, I'll choose it anytime.

I was thinking about getting one of those since now my mota is as good as sold.

However, for the same sort of money, I'm thinking of getting a stock 94 RX-7 Type R from Japan..

Been reading up on them. Really beautiful interior and one of the best looking Jap cars over the last 10 years......

Did I mention 0-60 in 5.5 sec ??? :drool :drool :drool

'Teg type-R is one of the finest handling FWD cars money can buy.

The 'Teg was an engineering exercise. The Civic Type-R is a marketing exercise.

Guest silentmelons

When i say dated i dont mean looks wise i mean the engine is old technology, oh and yes i would buy a supra but i have just turned 20 so insurance would be a little steep i am gonna get a tegra i think and whack a greedy turbo kit on it. That is another thing you can change any part of the integra for peroformance ones trying to find parts for my celica is a nightmare everything has to be custom or standard.

When i say dated i dont mean looks wise i mean the engine is old technology, oh and yes i would buy a supra but i have just turned 20 so insurance would be a little steep i am gonna get a tegra i think and whack a greedy turbo kit on it.

Let me know how the insurance looks for that! ooch...

Type R is pretty much all performance bits as standard.

If you want to turbo it, a high revving high compression VTEC really isn't the best place to start IMHO......

Guest Ben77

Hmm....Warrender sports is selling a Teg R with HKS turbo and uprated internals and other bits and bobs for about £11K+.

Go to their website.

Freaking fast.

:lol:;);)

Guest Ryancelica
Type R is pretty much all performance bits as standard.

If you want to turbo it, a high revving high compression VTEC really isn't the best place to start IMHO......

A company 5 miles from me has a 420bhp turbo'd Integra R......with 2 hooj nitrous bottles. See this month's Fast Car mag.

For Teg R info, see this month's buying & modding guide in Jap Performance.

The performance parts for the Teg R are extortionate!!!! You'd be just as well modding a Skyline or a Supra!

As for the Teg R itself.........It was the only other car that I wanted to buy before getting my 140. I nearly bought one for £10K but I couldn't get insurance as I was only 20 at the time. Now that I'm 21, going on 22 insurance is available but only at a ridiculous £1800 - £2000!!!! :shock:

My next car will either be a Teg R or a ST205 GT4. I'm already considering selling my 140 within the next eyar or 2 depending when I've paid it off.

Guest adams

Fiat Panda 750cc ?

on saying that, there's not many about these days, it'd be a bit hard tracking

one down I reckon.

Sign in to follow this