Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
scouse_dave

Price of Petrol

Question

Damn it, I couldn't believe it this morning driving to work, Petrol has gone up again this week!

Thats a 7/8p increase in a week!!!

At my local:

last weds night, it was £1.10.9

Thurs am : £1.12.9

Mon am: £1.15.9

Today:£1.17.9

And i'm sure it is more expensive elsewhere.

At this rate, it's going to be cheaper to rent a room near where I work, rather than simply driving the 36miles/day!!!

Edited by scouse_dave

192 answers to this question

Damn it, I couldn't believe it this morning driving to work, Petrol has gone up again this week!

At my local:

At this rate, it's going to be cheaper to rent a room near where I work, rather than simply driving the 36miles/day!!!

Tell me about it, try driving 100 miles a day! I joke about sleeping in the office Monday to Friday, but it would save me £250 a month on fuel not taking into account wear and tear on the car. I paid £1.14 today, diesal was 10p more.

Shall I look for a place in Northampton Dave?!

diesel now at £1.25.9 ;)

but wot the feck is .9 :lol:

when i was at school admittedly it was in the dim and distant we never had .9 of a penny :lol:

diesel now at £1.25.9 ;)

but wot the feck is .9 :lol:

when i was at school admittedly it was in the dim and distant we never had .9 of a penny :lol:

The .9 thing winds me up too. I hate it do retailers think the general public are stupid by knocking .1p or even 1p off rpoducts doesn't make a blind bit off difference i wish they would just leave at round figures.

I paid 107.9 2 weeks ago. Last week the same garage was 110.9 and yesterday I filled up for 112.9. Other garages in the area are generally 114.9. What is going on? How can they justify this constant every few days hike!?! Someone needs to step in and do something.

The .9 thing winds me up too. I hate it do retailers think the general public are stupid by knocking .1p or even 1p off rpoducts doesn't make a blind bit off difference i wish they would just leave at round figures.

They may as well now - like .1 of a pence wil make much difference :lol:

Guest APL

At my local:

Aint that the truth!

When I lived in Pompy, rent cost me 180 a month and I soent about 160 a month on fuel.

Now I live in Guildford and rent is 375 a month and fuel is 280 a month!

GRRRRRR!!!!

A!

Totted it up the other day while at the pump, reckon that i am now shelling out an average of £8+ per tank more than this time last year :lol: how much longer can i afford this is the question i'm asking myself now - especially if its due to be £2 per litre by the end of '08? I'll have to give up my V-Power card for one thing...

Since getting my car ive went from putting 30 pound a week to 45 pound a week now with little change in mileage - I sense dodgy mileage claims going in at work. This is ridiculous, but nothing is ever gonna change were stuck with it. 1.50 at least by the end of the summer I reckon.

Surprised the US hasn't threatened the OPEC countries with invasion really. OPEC has said there is no problem with supply and are quite happy with the price. Yeah right. I don't think the rest of the world is. They need to sort it out, as they are holding the world to ransom, and how long will the US go along with that idea?

Up production and let the oil flow until it runs out. Thats a few years in which to sort out alternative fuels.

The new batch of diesel coming into the north is about 1.30 a litre to retailers so expect it to be 1.33 next week.

Oil prices will go down soon. However, this will take quite a while to get to the pumps, so expect 1.50 a litre soon, followed by a drop to 1.30 or so.

I was just having a look at European prices, and it seems France and Germany are more expensive than us (latest figures, April), as are several other countries. The USA, however, is quoted at 45p a litre. Little wonder nothing is getting done in a global sense.

Still, if They really want people to stop driving their cars in the name of the environment then they're going the right way about it. Soon we'll be back to the stage where taking the car out of the garage for a Sunday drive is a special treat!

Another sign of the accelerating reverse of civilisation. We reached the top, now it's downhill ... I really despair for my children.

Angus

Guest matbomb

fill up now oil has gone up another $4 ;) today alone which will affect us within the next 5-6 days....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7414093.stm

I sold my 190 and brought a D40 navara at the end of March when diesel was £1.12, filled up at my local supermarket a couple of days ago and it was £1.21 I expect it to be near £1.26 by next week :lol:

I have seen the more expensive garages at service stations charge £1.30 already :lol:

Ive managed to find a garage which is selling unleaded for 109.8 :lol:

and v power for 115.9 ;) must fill up friday to take advantage of this

low price at the moment is this the cheapest? Answers on a postcard please!!

And everytime the price of the basic oil goes up the TAX automatically goes up with it.

This is why New (spend spend spend) Labour is not interested in dealing with rising petrol prices.

Angus: You might be right about the Age of the Automobile being in decline...here in the UK, at least. It's very likely that the next generation will not know cars the way we do. Not a terrible tragedy, in the great scheme of things, but very sad nonetheless. With luck this might be a blip...and order will be restored!

The price of oil is obviously a driving factor and Tax but why are UK and Europe so much more expensive. USA at 45p a litre and in Brasil I´m paying equililant of 70p was about 50p but exchange rate is crap at mo. This fuel made from a different cheaper oil source because prices here haven´t changed in months :lol:

Well filled up today managed to find a Sainsbury`s doing unleaded at 108.9 my normal fill up garage (shell) has gone upto 112.9

I`m glad i havn`t still got my GT4 :lol:

Edited by Ade2659

The price of oil is obviously a driving factor and Tax but why are UK and Europe so much more expensive. USA at 45p a litre and in Brasil I´m paying equililant of 70p was about 50p but exchange rate is crap at mo. This fuel made from a different cheaper oil source because prices here haven´t changed in months :lol:

off topic me old mate

but WTF are you doing in brasil????and can you smuggle me back a nice hottie with the dental floss bikini as standard ?? :lol:

think i saw in the news (could be a dream :lol: )

that one of the papers is trying to campaign for fuel duty to be substantially lowered

oh well if they hand in a petition gordon will have summat to wipe his fat arse on for the next ten years ;)

wont make a blind bit of difference ...........

we wanna get the garlic munchers over here to show us how to bring the country to a standstill

they do a cracking job of it :lol:

This really gets on my tits when garages blast prices up to £1.17.9 at my local, then they'll 'slash' it to 1.09.9 or something and people think it's cheap.

I'm thinking more like 80p for a litre. I actually can't remember a time when I payed less that £1 for a litre of motion potion.

I have no idea what the motorist can do, strikes in the long run do virtually nothing aside from block roads and make people late for work. If you disagree, look at the price of petrol today, it's still effing skyhigh!

Oh well, GT4 next!

The price of oil is obviously a driving factor and Tax but why are UK and Europe so much more expensive. USA at 45p a litre and in Brasil I´m paying equililant of 70p was about 50p but exchange rate is crap at mo. This fuel made from a different cheaper oil source because prices here haven´t changed in months ;)

Read somewhere a few weeks ago that Venezuela is at 0.7p per litre ... Government subsidised mind you, but still thats about 45p to fill up a 4x4!!! Whereas i remember the Netherlands being the highest price in the world currently, but not far ahead of us of course :lol: There go my aspirations for a GT4, for now at least...

Sign in to follow this