Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Squeegee

Thinking of selling the Celi for a Bug

Question

Guest Squeegee

What with trying to save for a mortgage, clear overdrafts and the like I'm thinking I might go budget for a while. I'm thinking of getting a tax exempt VW Beetle to pootle around in - I know there will be issues with rust and things but it's got to be cheaper to run than the Celica. Can always go back to one when finances improve :( Any views?

28 answers to this question

If the cars bought and paid for what will you actually save? Depreciation has no effect on your weekly budget, you are unlikely to be hit with heavy repair bills, you have a nice reliable car that uses a moderate amount of petrol and would probably do better if you applied yourself. Changing cars costs money, generally speaking.

No :(

:( dont do it like bill said you wont save anything if you get another car it might cost yoiu more in parts and maintenance :)

Where's Al when you need him to back you up.

I say YAY! Old bugs are COOL and need looking after but when they're restored they're beautiful!

Where's Al when you need him to back you up.

He is no longer a club member so cant post in here :) he does want to though as I had a list sent to me over MSN why you should have a bug over a Celica :(

Edit:

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=66525 for what happens when a Celica owner goes vdubbing

Edited by andyroo82

Sign in to follow this