Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
mook

Very Sad News

Question

It's with great difficulty and disbelief that I have to pass on some sad news. Last Friday afternoon Perry Byrnes (Perry190) passed away at home. There were no telltale signs and he was perfectly well in the morning and in the middle of building his latest project.

He was one of the early members of the club and I know he was well known and liked by all. Absolutely smashing bloke and pioneer when it cam to modding the Gen 7 and later with his projects on the GT-Four, MRS and Boxter. I still can't believe it. My wishes are with his family at this difficult time, Perry will be missed in so many ways and by more people than he could imagine :blush:

Edited by mook

89 answers to this question

I really don't know what to say, Perry was always so helpful to everyone, his projects were always amazing to read about and came over as such a pioneer. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I am truly shocked.

Rest in peace Perry.

Bloody hell, if this is true it's come as a great shock for a Sunday Morning. My condolences to all of his family, he will always be remembered as one of the icon's of this club, always helpful and inspirational to all that met him. Rest in peace Perry.

absolutely shoked.. he was a great bloke, always had time to speak to you and help out where he could when you were trying to do mods - RIP 'Pezza'

Fecking hell.............................

Shocked is a understatement, still can't believe it, still not sinking in. Well and truely sucks. He was a very friendly person, great laugh, one hell of a modder. His family must be truely devistated..................

Admin can CCUK do something to show apreachiation and achknowedgement of such a fantastic chap, collection or something, place to send cards to etc then passed onto his family.

I will always remember Perry for this gen 7 celica and all the mods he has done, was a mile stone for the club his ideas and dreams were fantastic, also his colour change and even change of cars to that boxer then back again to TOyota he always stayed with the club such a passion he had for cars.

Never had the chance to buy him a drink for helping me out in the past which I do regret.

Hope he is always remembered.

Must say as i type this i'm totally choked up, Perry was a top bloke and the perfect car enthusiast and club member, he showed allot of the younger members how to mod and how to mod well, he will be truly missed by the club and a massive lost to his family and friends.........god bless you Perry.

Guest rob256

Oh my God. Perry was a really really nice bloke, and always had time to share advice or lend a hand. His poor wife and kids must be going through hell right now; my heart goes out to them.

We are really shocked to hear this, such sad news, so very sad. Perry was such a decent chap and will be sorely missed, we always have such respect for him, such a popular member and all round star. ;) Really don't know what else to say, great loss. :blush:

Adam & Gill

That is indeed very sad - much too young an age to die. Many condolences if anyone is able to pass them on.

Im lost for words, Perry was a genuine top bloke, condolences to Carol and the kids. Spent many a hour at his hous when he was working on the GT4. Rest in Peace "Pezza", you will be truly missed.

Admin can CCUK do something to show apreachiation and achknowedgement of such a fantastic chap, collection or something, place to send cards to etc then passed onto his family.

If anyone wants to send a card, send them to me and i will make sure they reach their destination (address in Club Chat)

never met him but could see by his posts on here he was a helpfull top bloke

my thoughts are with his family

rip perry

phil

What can you say....words aren't enough. Perry was posting on here on Thursday evening. Although I never met him, I hear he was a Star.

Hope The Club comes up with a fitting tribute to a true enthusiast.

Only met him once, but he was a top friendly bloke, thoughts and prayers to his family.

Sign in to follow this