• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Quaidy

Hi Karawara, nice car mate, I deffo need a respray :lol:

I've only been here a short while myself but good to see another softie :P

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all, Room for another?

UK '95 red Gen6 vert, got it towards the end of last year and starting to make it a bit cuter for the summer. I'll post some Pics when I get a chance :blink:

oooh another gen 6 vert in wiltshire! Where are you? Keep this up and we'll be able to have our vert only meets!!

WOOHEY!!!!!!!

I'm now a vert!!!!!!!!!!!

:qgreenjumpers:

WTG Adam!!!

You've gotta bring it to the next rose meet!!

Guest Quaidy
oooh another gen 6 vert in wiltshire! Where are you

Hi Yer Maj, I'm down in Salisbury, so not too far away.

Another sunny day today so I'll be droppin the top and going for a spin :) ahh can't be beat

Don't suppose you have a spare tonneau cover? :blink: , can't find one anywhere

Hi Yer Maj, I'm down in Salisbury, so not too far away.

Another sunny day today so I'll be droppin the top and going for a spin :) ahh can't be beat

Don't suppose you have a spare tonneau cover? :blink: , can't find one anywhere

I know that Coughdrop had an extra one a while back (or at least bid on one on ebay) You might wanna drop her a line and ask if she still has it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea where to go in my area (Wiltshire) for roof repair? Tried putting roof up today and there was a strange noise and I think perhaps a cable snapped or something as it won't come up on one side so had to do it manually, which almost broke my arm off!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in updating guys - I wasn't tracking the thread :) . I'll try & find out if we can easily restore the thread links but if anyone fancies doing a message to all those listed so we can update the ownership, feel free. I don't have time to do it right now.... don't forget, we need an overwhelming vert presence at JAE 2008! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Well it eventually had to happen, I smashed the back window on the vert :) .

I took the car to Toyota who were totally useless. After a lot of tutting and head scratching they decided that they have never seen one of these before and decided to seek advice elsewhere. They eventually got back to me after a week and told me that they could not replace the window section and that I required a complete new roof.

I asked them for a quote and once again they said that they would get back to me. After three weeks of phoning them almost every day they gave me a quote of £2150. The price was to supply a new roof, supply a new window, sew the window into the roof and fit roof to car. I asked them why they could not just fit the new window section into my roof but they could not give me any answer other than their fitter said so.

I then approached car hood warehouse who gave me a quote straight away and also supplied me with a local fitter. I took the car up last week and 3 days later I had a new roof and window fitted at under half of the cost that Toyota quoted.

I am completely disappointed with the Toyota dealership regarding the amount of time it took for them to give me a quote and the total lack of interest they had for me and my car, but I am chuffed to pieces with the quality of service I got from the independant fitters and the new roof. I am now back enjoying my car :)

For future reference, who installed the roof up here?

It was a chap called William(Bill) Ramsey. He is an upholsterer based in the Pentland Ind. Est. at Loanhead (Just on the outskirts of Edinburgh). He is an approved convertible hood fitter for car hood warehouse and various other hood manufacturers. He also appears to do alot of work for Audi and Mazda. Just for reference the full hood plus installation cost £810 inc VAT. He also gave the car a full vallet and also tidied up and cleaned the headliner.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.