The Vert Thread - general information & owners list

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lozenge
if its gonna cost money - I dont think we should have a vert forum, if not then why not, cant see their being too many posts in it to be honest, a bit like the g4 forum.

Would it cost money and if so why and how much? If this becomes the sticking point Vert owners could consider a quick whip round. If the Gen 4 forum is under utilised consider combining and making Gen 4 AND all Generation Convertibles (if money is a prob). That way no new forum consuming funds - if indeed a new forum does. May make new folk wonder why Verts lumped with Gen 4's but a note on forum to effect funds were an issue (if indeed they are) will set the record straight. .......

Would it cost money and if so why and how much? If this becomes the sticking point Vert owners could consider a quick whip round. If the Gen 4 forum is under utilised consider combining and making Gen 4 AND all Generation Convertibles (if money is a prob). That way no new forum consuming funds - if indeed a new forum does. May make new folk wonder why Verts lumped with Gen 4's but a note on forum to effect funds were an issue (if indeed they are) will set the record straight. .......

Hey, guys, I don't think you've noticed, this IS the Vert Forum :D;)

PS. 5 verts at JAE 06... so far

Edited by coughdrop

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add my two cars to your list of club convertibles.

1) 2nd Generation TA40 Griffith Sunchaser 1981

1600cc 2T-B engine, 5-speed T50 manual gearbox

Rare RHD car

2) 2nd Generation RA42 Griffith Sunchaser 1981

2200cc 20R engine, 3-speed auto gearbox, power steering

US-spec LHD car

For those interested, I have some pictures hosted at www.flickr.com under my member name there, ifc63.

Regards, Ian.

Update: Have started to put pictures on this sites Invision Gallery.

Edited by misterC

• 1 month later...

So sorry, misterC, I've been without broadband since 27th July (ofcom now assiting but really really frustrating) - so I've been trying to be tight with my surfing, however have now given in to surfing obsession (wey hey 1500 posts!)....... find I cannot update first item on the thread after all.... hope to rectify shortly. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

What mpg are you all getting on your convertibles ?

Mine is a gen 5 auto and I am getting around 18 round the doors does this sound right ?

I saw yours coughdrop in the gas conversion thread that you were getting 25 mpg but not sure if yours is manual or auto.

:)

Mine is a gen 5 auto and I am getting around 18 round the doors does this sound right ?

I saw yours coughdrop in the gas conversion thread that you were getting 25 mpg but not sure if yours is manual or auto.

She's a manual. 18mpg sounds a bit poor. You should be getting over 20, at least.

Yeah that sounds a bit poor, even for an auto, I don't think the difference between the vert & the tintop should be much different, ours are just slightly heavier due to various strengthenings. We need to ask Lozenge about his Gen 5 auto vert...... LOZENGE!

PS more like 55mpg (equivalent) now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add another car to your list of club convertibles.

2nd Generation TA40 Griffith Sunchaser 1983 (very late registered Gen 2)

1600cc 2T-B engine, 5-speed T50 manual gearbox

Rare RHD car in Silver. Needs restoration and repair to rear R/H quarter following accident in 2000.

That makes 3 Sunchasers in the drive now, I'll have to stop buying them or divorce will loom !!!!!

Regards, Ian.

• 3 weeks later...

Just took a trip back home and spotted another gen 6 vert coming up behind me on the A419. Almost came back in the same route into Swindon. Nods were exchanged and very happy to see another about on the roads! Did get some heads turning a bit! lol. So who owns this mystery vert...Black Gen 6 Import by the look of it, Blonde female driver, late 20's I'd say. Anyone else seen it about? Just wondered if they were a member of the club, as would love to compare the differences between the UK and Imported Verts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated the list with new vert owner - now maybe 26 members with verts - would appreciate an update from any of you who are around. Do we have a roll call? Not heard from some of you for ages! :unsure:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.