Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda

celica in a smash

Question

Guest Linda

went away to blackpool for a weekend with hubby

went in his car leaving the celica at home

on returning this evening my car wasn,t on the drive :D

the outcome is my twenty year old son took my car early saturday morning and smashed it up after having a belly full of drink the police breathlised him and arrested him

its in breakdown yard and ive not been able to see the damaged done

but was told its not driveable :)

really hurts as ive had lots of problems over the last year wth my son and he needs help

i cant believe he could do this to me after all hes put me through allready

the insurance policy states if the vehicle was taken by a family member the insurance is void so looks like its going to be a while before shes back on the road

not seen the son as hes done a runner on me

theres no words to describe the hurt im feeling at the moment :lol:

wish me luck with the insurance company im going to need it :lol:

the police are visiting me this evening sometime

123 answers to this question

linda hope your ok doll you must be going through hell.

things will get better soon car damage wont be as much as you think {fingers crossed}

So sorry to hear this Linda, you don't deserve to be treated like this. I hope the damage is'nt too much. Hopefully things will start to look up for you soon.

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry. It's the arrogance & lack of respect that hurts most. Best wishes & come on for a chat when you need to.

Kx

Guest Linda

cars definately not covered by insurance :D

the sons ok but not coming home and hes still not spoke to me

the police have just left

they said the son has admitted to taking the car without my consent

more or less insisted on me making a statement saying so

i really didn,t want to but was told if i didn,t i would be up on a charge :)

husband said i had to make the statement as he didn,t want me in trouble

i feel ive just grassed on my own son :lol::lol::lol:

really out of my mind with what i should and shouldn,t have done

:(:)

the police also told me he drove it straight through a brick wall so looks like it could be a write off

and it definately not driveable

the sons ok no harm to him thank god hes very lucky

oh shit.

Not much you can do to be honest. If you say he had permission to drive it, they do you for allowing someone to drive the car that you knew wasn't insured. And they do him for DD and no insurance anyway.

I'd be more worred about sorting your lad out than the car to be honest. The car's only metal and plastic, as much as we love them. He's somewhat more than that (if a bloody fool).

Luck.

Oh hun - all that effort and time, money and feelings you've put into her - no-one - not even the mod god methinks - can have put as much love into their car as you have.

I really feel for you and I'm really sorry to hear you've had problems with your son - shame to hear he resorted to TWOCing your car though :D Hope you sort things with him first and foremost.

I don't know what to say.

I'm really sorry to hear what has happened. Hope things get sorted out for you

LInda - I'm gutted for you, just when you think things are working out. But I know how resilient you can be so I hope things get sorted for you.

I'll be at the Bubble next week so get along if you can, I'm sure you'll be OK in the Omega!

Guest Schtu

:shock: Oh Linda - that's terrible

One of the best Gen 6's in the Club - as voted in years gone by I believe - and only made better by you since.

Really sorry to hear about it all - and the horrible way in which it has happened (worse than if some faceless TWOCer had nicked it :evil:

Best of luck with your son, hope you guys resolve it all the way you want and I hope you manage to salvage something out of all this and return to the top of the scene ASAP

Sod the car ... nice bit of machinery, but replaceable.

I sincerely wish you all the best in helping your bairn to get his act together. I'm sure you can, and I'm sure you'll find the help you need.

I absolutely dread Robbie doing something like that to me in a few years, so my heart goes out to you. If only they took the time to understand what they're doing to themselves and to their family.

Best wishes,

Angus

Sign in to follow this