Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Oneninety

Yer Best Run

Question

Guest Oneninety

Just interested where some of you have had your best drives.

Mine was a return trip home from Glasgow.

The normal run would be miles of M74 A74 M6 A66 A1, ok if the roads clear and you want to get home fast. But as there were roadworks on the A66 I thought try something different. So it was off the M6 ar Carlisle on the A69 towards Newcastle then turn off to Alston once you're off the A69 the cars disappear. The run to Alston was good but then there's a B road that takes you from Alston to Barnard Castle and I have to say that it's the best drive I've ever had. Drove for about 25 miles, saw no other car in my direction, and about 2 going the other way. The road runs over the top of the North Pennines and has lots of long sweeping bends that you can see into for miles. Nice sunny but cold day and she did me proud stuck like glue. Some great views if you dare take you're eyes off the road.

Once at Barnard castle it's back towards the last bit of the A66 and then the A1. If any of you ever head that way you just gotta do it. It might take a little longer but it's worth it.

2 answers to this question

Guest Jonny Turbo
Originally posted by CelicaUK

Probably the best laugh...

That nitrous wasn't leaking into the cabin through the airvents, was it? :D

Guest Ian S

Best runs - every time I get in the car! :D

But there are a couple of good roads down our way: The A47 Castor & Ailsworth bypass - v. quick. The Peterborough ring road system - used to be the place for racing when I were but a lad. But my favourite road is a wee (3-4 miles) one from a village called King's Cliffe to the A47 near RAF Wittering. It's got the lot - twists, turns, hills, dips, a straight and a woods sections. It can be quite challenging avoiding the tractors, horses, pheasents, peasents, deer and sheep! But it's not as good as when the RAF had a huge bomb dump off this road. I've tested many a set of brakes and changed many a pair of pants when rounding a bend to be faced by a tractor hauling a load of 1000lb bombs... Ah, those were the days...

Sign in to follow this