help understanding part numbers

G6-20

im struggling to understand how toyota part numbers work.

they seem to be unlike any ive come across, for instance, in toyota's parts catalogue, they will have the gasket marked as 22215, but that isnt actually the number for what you want, it seems more of a number for that type of gasket, as if you search the net, it will throw 20 different gaskets as you, all starting 22215 with a different 5 digit number on the back, relating to which one/car it actually is.. can someone help me understand how to get parts for my car, as this is normally a simple thing for me, but i cant seem to understand. where do i get those other 5 digits from ?

im after these 2 gaskets in pic, to start with :

TB gaskets.jpg

im struggling to understand how toyota part numbers work.

they seem to be unlike any ive come across, for instance, in toyota's parts catalogue, they will have the gasket marked as 22215, but that isnt actually the number for what you want, it seems more of a number for that type of gasket, as if you search the net, it will throw 20 different gaskets as you, all starting 22215 with a different 5 digit number on the back, relating to which one/car it actually is.. can someone help me understand how to get parts for my car, as this is normally a simple thing for me, but i cant seem to understand. where do i get those other 5 digits from ?

im after these 2 gaskets in pic, to start with :

5bb0e82d087ec_TBgaskets.jpg.f2097b34db38dbce3319f445d6908dbe.jpg
Hope this helps mate5c96279955a7e308b97b4ff7b6562ecd.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X703F using Tapatalk

found this link, but it doesnt help me.
thank fcuk im not the only one.

where the hell did that guy get the 61021 number of the exhaust from (last 5 digits)
there was nothing on the schematic with that number !

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/making-sense-of-toyota-part-numbers.760777/

Edited by G6-20

2 hours ago, 99GT said:

Just describe it to the dealer in person and they'll figure it out. If they're unsure they'll just show you the diagram on their screen to make sure.

dont have time to go to a dealer, too busy working, and they arent open sundays. have to buy online, only option

its ok, ive figured it out now, you click on the part number, and it goes into another screen, with the second lot of numbers, for the full part number.

stupid system really, using 2 sets of numbers, but oh well, know now.

for anyone else, thats as confused and clueless as i was.
my advice is go to : https://toyota.epc-data.com/ and enter your 17 digit chassis number, from your cars registration log book, into the search box, in top corner of site.
it'll bypass all the thinking and confusion, and put you straight to your cars parts.
you have to click on the 5 digit number, in the schematic picture, of the part you need, to open up a 2nd box, with the actual 10 digit part number.

the 2 gaskets i was looking for, come up as :
22215-74380
22271-88461
and ive been looking for an exhaust hanger bracket for weeks too, which is :
17508-74080

its easy when you know how, confusing when you dont

Edited by G6-20
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.