Celica Club UK Messages

Website Downtime Notice

Click here for more information

Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
jim7564

number plates

Question

prob been asked before but what is the smallest legal size numberplate you can have.never understood how a motorbike plate can be tiny and still legal,is your eyesight better when looking at a motorbike than a car ??? 

2 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, jim7564 said:

prob been asked before but what is the smallest legal size numberplate you can have.never understood how a motorbike plate can be tiny and still legal,is your eyesight better when looking at a motorbike than a car ??? 

Most go with Jap import size, 12 x 6 inch. But anything other than the standard number size plate is deemed illegal in the eyes of the police. 

Just depends how fussy your local plod are.

• Like 1

DVLA regulations somewhere online. From memory I think the letters have to be the standard size and font and there is a minimum distance between the letters and the edge of the plate. Standard plates have a lot of white space. Search for shortened plate on ebay and you should find a road legal one. I got 6 digit shortened ones for my personal reg although I usually use an illegal show one on the front which has been mis-spaced and cut shorter :lol: no problems from the boys in blue yet and had it on around 20 months apart from the MOTs

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this