stone chip laquer damage??

so this happened probably last year or the year before, what i did was just clean the area and spray some laquer over it. but now im wanting to do more of a permanent fix to it.

i dont think it warrants a new paint spray job thats gonna cost loads. whats the best way to fix this so that it doesnt get any worse?

this is on the bonnet where the bumper meets drivers side.

chip1.thumb.jpg.aa7c8bf3be1c05c7a495f6710deb4f44.jpg

chip2.thumb.jpg.db4f65c7846915854e34d6f9d2f08f49.jpg

chip3.thumb.jpg.aaae6ca95fa8a9365c85f8477a6e342d.jpg

Wet and dry it down to at least 1500 don’t go Into the paint, then relacquer and sand with200 wet and dry to smooth out before polishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t like to say as would be a guess I have used different ones in the past and they all came out the same only worry I have had is wether or not it should have UV protection as I am unsure if the original clearcote would have had.

Don’t bother with rattle can clear (1k)
1. It discolours too easy
2. It’s air dry and never sets as hard as 2k
3. You can never polish it up right as it’s too soft.
See if you can get a small combo of 2k clear. It’s usually 2:1 which is 2 parts clear mixed to 1 part hardener. Mix a bit in a plastic up and dab on with a brush. May have to do a couple of coats to build up enough then sand back with 1200,1500,2000,2500 and then polish up.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.