Spacer Fitment Advice

MrFLORY

Can someone please advise me regarding the fitment of some recently purchased spacers. They are second hand and from Freakyparts, seller supplied with original invoice from last year. 25mm & 15mm. My concern is that the studs are basically just lengths of thread that are simply screwed into the spacer with a little locktite once the spacer is on the hub... then the wheel sits on and bolts up tight. I’ve not seen spacers with this type of screw in stud system before where they screw in from the face. Does this seem safe or common? The pic I’ve attached highlights the studs that are screwed into the spacer by hand with some locktite.. Perhaps it’s all safe once the wheels on and tightened up and I’m over thinking...

ADAE2D12-2DFA-46A6-83CB-81D472250FD5.jpeg

So the advice has always been to finger tighten them and apply loctite. 

I found on more than one occasion when customers brought cars in with them fitted that when I removed the wheel nut the stud would come out with it. 

Whenever I have fitted them I have applied loctite and used the 2 nut 2 spanner method to tighten them and Ive never seen one come back out. 

Cheers guys the advice and comments are highly appreciated :thumbsup: I feel a lot more confident now knowing that this is how they are supplied and that I’ve fitted them correctly. Panic over :D

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.