Met up with Jeffers-1 today

meirion

It was really good to meet up with Jeffers-1 and his mate today up at the Ponderosa Cafe, Horseshoe Pass, North Wales. And thanks to Jeff for helping me get mine started over the phone after 4 or 5 weeks of not driving her and therefore a very, very flat battery.

The photos show that Jeff is better at reverse parking than I am. I'm too used to the reversing camera on my Hyundai and have gotten a bit lazy ! Jeff's GT4 has had a belting job done on it and is looking really, really spot-on, GORGEOUS.

Mine's going in soon for a bit of the old TLC that she so deserves. Got a couple of pics to show you of the two cars almost side by side.

jeffers1_and_meirion.jpg

jeffers1_and_meirionbw.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Jan, may be in the Hyundai when I visit the Chainbridge. I'm hoping to have L975 in the paintshop for a good old fashioned tart-up in the next couple of weeks.

Great to meet you today Meirion. Your car is legendary within the GT-Four world and it's nice to see it's still on the road and even better that you're doing all you can to keep it in tip top condition. 

Lovely location for a meeting. Let's hope the weather is a bit better next time :D

IMG_2260.JPG

Edited by jeffers-1

Hi Jeff, next time we meet she should be looking proper, like yours! What did you have for lunch? The chips looked good at the Ponder! Fancy egg, sausage and chips next time.

It was funny when the police car almost stopped in front of us, looked at the cars and gave us a nod huh :thumbsup:

Edited by meirion

We both had the steak pie, chips, veg and gravy. Very nice it was too.

On the way down I said to Trev that when I'm in my mate's UR quattro he occasionally gets a thumbs up from other motorists and it would be nice to get the same for mine. How poetic that the first person to do it was a cop. Brilliant!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.