Carbon fibre replacements

Spannermac

Hi guys a question to all of you.. 

I work in composites at work and started a few little projects in my spare time.. Replacement carbon covers or complete replacements. 

Question is would their be alot of interest or any particular bits youd like made? 

Can do one offs or maybe group buys if can set up a good workspace at home.. 

Let me know any ideas and thoughts ☺

1 hour ago, Freeman558 said:

Engine covers for the Gen7 190 would certainly get my attention (and probably a few others  too) these used to be available but from what I've seen that was back when the Gen 7 was still being produced.

Do you have any pictures of what covers? You meaning the cam cover or the plastic covers?

4 hours ago, Spannermac said:

Do you have any pictures of what covers? You meaning the cam cover or the plastic covers?

The shiny black bits in Daytona's engine bay :)

If you think you could do this and need some to make molds or what have you then I can sort some out for you.

Edited by Freeman558
dumbass typo

7 hours ago, gezhenry said:

Hiya spanner nice swan a hard to get hold of roof spoiler at the top of the tailgate would b a good addition to your product line and would do for me n maybe others  if u could crack something like that off 

Cpild you get some pics or ideas of what your thinking then ill be able to get an idea.. 

12 hours ago, Freeman558 said:

The shiny black bits in Daytona's engine bay :)

If you think you could do this and need some to make molds or what have you then I can sort some out for you.

Cheers freeman, yeah covers like that should be quite easy to produce.. If you have spare covers im sure can sort something out to make moulds from.. I am also looking into pigment colours so can make different colours of carbon fibre . (red, blue, yellow even purple) these are all things that will take some experamenting.. Haha... 

2 hours ago, Spannermac said:

Cpild you get some pics or ideas of what your thinking then ill be able to get an idea.. 

Cheers freeman, yeah covers like that should be quite easy to produce.. If you have spare covers im sure can sort something out to make moulds from.. I am also looking into pigment colours so can make different colours of carbon fibre . (red, blue, yellow even purple) these are all things that will take some experamenting.. Haha... 

I'll get some sorted for you, I have a spare set that I planned on painting up but ended up just painting my old, battered ones.
Will PM you for address.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Freeman558 said:

I'll get some sorted for you, I have a spare set that I planned on painting up but ended up just painting my old, battered ones.
Will PM you for address.

Cheers pal that be awesome

21 hours ago, Old Red Celica said:

Please be aware of our corporate sales rules.

Hi yeah mate dont worry i wont be doing this as a massive thing its more of a hobby at moment.. If it develops ill be changing thr membership no problem.. 

Hiya pal these are the sort of thing I was looking at they're quite thin on the ground now but used to b popular I'd defo have something similar doesn't have to b an exact replica or anything just a similar shape, that really suits the car i think, u can stick on the back was considering having a go myself but I'm a bit of an amateur u mite well get a few other takers for em too

https://www.celicahobby.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/18561/spoiler-roof-spoiler-install.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.