Rear quarter window misty and can't see out of it

M33R4

With our autumn and winter mornings setting in, the rear quarter window is misty on the inside, completely restricting any vision through it.  Other than wiping it down before I set off, any other ideas please? BodyShop dude recommended using raw dry rice?

A regular question.

Have you dampness/leaks? Lights or tailgate leaking?

Fresh air in or recirculation?

Use air con all the time?

Carry stuff in the boot that stay cool, like bottles of screen wash.

Again the search function would help you get a quicker response/answer.

• Thanks 1

My Gen 7 windows can suddenly mist up on the insides very inconveniently fast in the damp-cold or humid weather.

It's dry as a bone everywhere inside my passion wagon, and the misting up would appear to be caused by condensation due to 'exhaled breathing'.

And no, there is no hanky-panky going on  :nono:

The only cures i know is to either hold your breath for the entire journey,

wear a face mask with snorkel pipe though window to outside [ flippers optional ]

or put the air conditioning on to clear it; which fortunately mine does and fairly quickly.

I find my Gen 7 is dependent on having a good working order A/C system all year around to include the cold damp conditions.

I've also noticed that in a summer heat-wave the inside can get unbearably hot if the A/C is not operational.

Debs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

My Gen 7 windows can suddenly mist up on the insides very inconveniently fast in the damp-cold or humid weather.

The only cure i know is to wear a face mask with snorkel pipe though window to outside

Debs

Any chance of a couple of pics, Debs? :D

• Haha 1

The problem is with using the AC is that once you start using it, you constantly have to use it to demist the windows. If you stop and let it dry out over a few weeks it clears up.

Also cleaning the windows from the inside dramatically reduces how much they mist up

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kev 16v said:

Heard somewhere they weaken glass over time?

3 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady said:

.....And no, there is no hanky-panky going on  :nono:

:D

4 minutes ago, paulgtt said:

I leave a bag of rice on the dash whilst the car is parked up, it doesn't completely stop condensation but it certainly helps.

Just snip the top of the bag and leave it open?

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.